Google Fixes A Longstanding, Important TCP Bug In The Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Fixes A Longstanding, Important TCP Bug In The Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Google Fixes A Longstanding, Important TCP Bug In The Linux Kernel

Google engineers managed to recently uncover a high profile TCP bug in the Linux kernel that has huge implications on network performance and efficiency...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds like an high profile corner case to me.

Besides, from the description it seems that the issue goes away once the first congestion is detected and acted upon accordingly.

Comment

(Web)server marketshare is a tiny bit higher ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
        If these issues are longstanding bugs in the kernel then I don't think Linux is serious OS. It's probably better that it's at 1%.
        Not so longstanding (and less important) than ping of death in Microsoft NetBIOS.

Comment

good find, good fix
          much too much overblown by the media

Comment

If these issues are longstanding bugs in the kernel then I don't think Linux is serious OS. It's probably better that it's at 1%.
            Die, troll! Die!

Comment

On web servers - where this is actually relevant - that share is more like 70%. More than twice that of Windows.

Comment

Are there, or will there be benchmarks?
                BTW, why are you people feeding the troll?

Comment

Zork> Pick up sword.
                  Zork> Kill troll with sword
                  The troll is disarmed by a subtle feint past his guard.
                  The unarmed troll cannot defend himself: He dies.
                  Almost as soon as the troll breathes his last breath, a cloud of sinister black fog envelops him, and when the fog lifts, the carcass has disappeared.
                  Your sword is no longer glowing.

Comment

Can't believe how many even went after at this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X