Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 1.2 Pre-Release Soon Coming For Fedora 24

Phoronix: NetworkManager 1.2 Pre-Release Soon Coming For Fedora 24

While Fedora 24 isn't set to be released until H1'2016, developers are already working on getting a NetworkManager 1.2 pre-release into the distribution's archive early...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One of the bizarre behaviors I encountered in Fedora 22 KDE spin was that my PC wouldn't connect to wireless until I logged in and unlocked my KDE wallet. That's a configuration choice by the Fedora KDE spin developers, not a fundamental flaw in KDE or NetworkManager. But it just seemed counter-intuitive. It makes sense for a laptop, I guess, but I have a desktop. I want the ability to hit the power button on the box, walk away, and access it remotely a minute later over mosh.

The 'nmcli' Network Manager command line tool is a bit of a hassle to use, but after a little bit of playing around I figured out how to configure my wireless using that. Now it works automatically and I don't have to login first.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
      One of the bizarre behaviors I encountered in Fedora 22 KDE spin was that my PC wouldn't connect to wireless until I logged in and unlocked my KDE wallet...
      Sounds like you/it saved your wireless credentials as the user and not as system-wide. That's annoying.

Comment

Working...
      X