Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNF 1.1 Adds MIPS Support, New Options

Phoronix: DNF 1.1 Adds MIPS Support, New Options

DNF 1.1.0 was released today as the newest version of the Dandified Yum for package management on Fedora systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Although DNF is a tremendous improvement over YUM, what I'd like to have now is a real search system (because the existing search command is a joke) and also a nice way of seeing what are changes in the new updated versions. I was thinking of something like bolding the part of the version number that got changed so that we easily know if it's a small update or a major update.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
      Although DNF is a tremendous improvement over YUM, what I'd like to have now is a real search system (because the existing search command is a joke) and also a nice way of seeing what are changes in the new updated versions. I was thinking of something like bolding the part of the version number that got changed so that we easily know if it's a small update or a major update.
      Can't help ya on search, but for the changes...

dnf updateinfo info

That? (cant test that command on my system right now as im in the middle of a dnf update, but googling and man page says that should display the changelogs for the packages)
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Is it possible to use DNF on Debian?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Can't help ya on search, but for the changes...

dnf updateinfo info

That? (cant test that command on my system right now as im in the middle of a dnf update, but googling and man page says that should display the changelogs for the packages)
          Thanks, I'll try that when I'll have new packages to install!

Comment

Working...
          X