Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 23 Alpha Cleared For Release Next Week

Phoronix: Fedora 23 Alpha Cleared For Release Next Week

The alpha release of Fedora 23 is coming next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What a coincidence, Kali Linux 2.0 is also going to be released the same day.

Comment

Does anyone know if Fedora 23 will use Wayland (via Mutter) by default?

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        AFAIK that is still the desired default, yes
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          i'd have my doubts, i believe some Gnome Apps still have issues running under Wayland

go an look at Kevin Fenzi's Blog, it should say it there

Comment

im not even gonna bother wasting my time with the Alpha, i shall wait for the Beta instead

Comment

WebkitGTK needs to get their Wayland EGL implementation landed. Right now Epiphany/Web is pretty useless on Wayland. Fedora also needs to make sure video acceleration is working for gstreamer based apps at least, I'm trying out rawhide, and VAAPI seems to be broken under gnome-wayland on r600 at least.

Also, if they're going to go with Mesa 11, they really need to be ready to switch to llvm-3.7*, right now, as far as I can tell Gallium drivers are buggier with llvm-3.6.

* Has anybody managed to build llvm-3.7.0rc1 on Fedora? I've been trying, but I'm hitting:

Comment

how far for Fedora to include mp3 codec(s).. isn't the patent expired yet?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                  how far for Fedora to include mp3 codec(s).. isn't the patent expired yet?
                  it'll never be " expired " AFAIK. mp3 support you can get from RPMFusion .

Comment

Working...
                  X