Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny3
    replied
    The should give us the list with vendors with bad implementation so we can write emails to uge them to fix the problems

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Nice initiative. I contributed my story. Looks like it's fairly common.
    There's another horror story with my tablet, which uses 32-bit UEFI, but I don't suppose they need to be bothered by that: anything booted by it freezes. Windows? Check. GRUB? Check. It sure is a real good implementation of a UEFI, eh... It was likely never tested without legacy mode, because Win7 32-bit at the time didn't have a way to do UEFI boot.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Neat. I'm probably going to upgrade to Skylake so having a list of motherboards that work well with Linux is something I can use. Not that there are many motherboards with issues (I imagine most of the problems come from laptops which use tons of custom firmware), but it only takes one lemon to ruin an upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I run Ubuntu (which derives from Debian) on a UEFI motherboard with SecureBoot enabled.
    It works great.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Debian Wants To Tackle UEFI, But They Need Your Help

Debian Wants To Tackle UEFI, But They Need Your Help

Phoronix: Debian Wants To Tackle UEFI, But They Need Your Help

Over the weekend the Debian project put out a call, over Twitter, for UEFI horror stories as their developers begin to take a more serious look at Debian and UEFI, with the creation of a UEFI team...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X