Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS/2 HPFS File-System Now Has TRIM Support On Linux

Phoronix: OS/2 HPFS File-System Now Has TRIM Support On Linux

The High Performance File-System (HPFS) that was originally designed for the OS/2 operating system now has SSD TRIM support for its Linux kernel support while reading/writing from these old partitions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh hell yeah, I totally forgot about HPFS. Back in the days when NT3.5 was in release it had the ability to install on HPFS. In fact OS2 Warp is still in use today by Point Of Sale and cash register terminals. Short of disk failures I've never really had problems with corrupted files or with moving files from it. To be honest I don't see them very often myself though, because they are often tied to strict support contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Oh hell yeah, I totally forgot about HPFS. Back in the days when NT3.5 was in release it had the ability to install on HPFS. In fact OS2 Warp is still in use today by Point Of Sale and cash register terminals. Short of disk failures I've never really had problems with corrupted files or with moving files from it. To be honest I don't see them very often myself though, because they are often tied to strict support contracts.
      Yeah, bank terminals/ATM's.
      Hi

Comment

Wow, pretty weird. Not sure anyone will ever actually use that. OS/2 sure, but this is in the Linux Kernel.

Comment

Somewhat off topic... it was my understating that the jfs variant that some use in Linux was a offshoot of the jfs done for OS/2 vs jfs (and future jfs2) on AIX. I guess my question is... was there ever a jfs option for OS/2? Do I sort of have my facts straight? People in the know feel free to educate/correct.... thx.

Comment

Working...
          X