Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Is Back To Doing Feature Development For Launchpad

Phoronix: Canonical Is Back To Doing Feature Development For Launchpad

Canonical is back to working on the Launchpad.net code, their website that pairs code hosting with bug tacking, translations, blueprints, and more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

To doing? TO DOING?

Comment

I believe that mostly the same developers that host their projects there, should give a hand.

Comment

Is Launchpad open source? Could I host it on my own network like Gitlab?

Comment

It is open source, but according to Canonicals license terms you never actually get any copyrights for whatever modifications you write, they go straight to Canonical.

Comment

It is technically open source, but was never intended to (and wont) run on anything except launchpad.net.
            Well, since ubuntu community suffers from it most I guess its okay for Canonical to ask community for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
              To doing? TO DOING?
              Um... What precisely is your problem? "To do" is a perfectly valid English statement, as is the conjugate form "to doing" so long as he's using the correct supporting grammar, which he is.
              Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 10 July 2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                It is open source, but according to Canonicals license terms you never actually get any copyrights for whatever modifications you write, they go straight to Canonical.
                That's not true at all. The CLA explicitly states the exact opposite; that you _do_ own your contribution and that you do _not_ reassign copyright to Canonical. However, you do provide Canonical with a less restricted license to your contribution. That means Canonical is able to relicense their software in the future, unlike for instance, the Linux kernel, which is pretty much locked to GPL2.

This also means that you don't have to explicitly license all your patches, because Canonical is legally entitled to relicense your contribution under GPL or AGPLv3, which is the license used for the Launchpad Suite.

Comment

Working...
                X