Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanL
    replied
    I'm currently using ext4, and I'll probably stick to that for root partition, but I've been looking to move my data/media partition to btrfs for easier backup management.

Leave a comment:

• ultimA
    replied
    I've been planning to setup a Btrfs-based file server for my home for the past year. I'm just waiting for RAID5/6 to stabilize. I finally feel though it is relatively close, should happen within the next 2-3 kernel releases.

Leave a comment:

• Rakl?dder
    replied
    I'm more than happy with EXT4.

Leave a comment:

• sobkas
    replied
    I was using xfs, but recently switched to ext4, with plans for switch to btrfs(I will wait for it to stabilize a bit before the jump)

Leave a comment:

• thelongdivider
    replied
    Thank you Michael, I really like these articles. Would it be possible to include in the same graphs for each file system 2 bars, one for the previous linux version to compare?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic 6-Way File-System Comparison On The Linux 4.1 Kernel

6-Way File-System Comparison On The Linux 4.1 Kernel

Phoronix: 6-Way File-System Comparison On The Linux 4.1 Kernel

With the Linux 4.1 kernel having recently been released, I decided to conduct a fresh round of file-system comparisons on this new kernel using a solid-state drive. The file-systems tested in this article were the in-tree EXT4, Btrfs, XFS, F2FS, ReiserFS, and NILFS2 file-systems while a follow-up article will take a look at the out-of-tree contenders like Reiser4 and ZFS atop Linux 4.1.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X