Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PulseVideo" Coming To Complement PulseAudio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gens View Post

he isnt involved in this

you didn't provide anything technical, just insults and out of context quotes
    its kind of hard to estimate if you know what you are insulting about when you don't actually say anything concrete

you three need to learn that criticism is a Good Thing
    and stop crying about it
    I don't need to. I'm dismissing you just like you dismissed everyone who has ever brought you a technical argument.

you three need to learn that criticism is a Good Thing
    and stop crying about it
    I agree, criticism is a good thing. When it's not you doing the criticism.

Comment

oh
      ok, then
      il just assume that you are ashamed of your code, if you don't mind
      well, who cares about assumptions of person who starts with 'oh the stupidity' instead of 'im not familiar with the topic'
      my code is proprietary and not owned by me

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        it is measured in pages, so it can't be 1.5 pages either
        you tried to argue that it can't be more than one page( "and so on for every 4k of sent data (it has to be 4k)" ), now you are trying to make some cheap excuse
        but it can be of any size, just wasting part of last page.
        just for context
        "did i told you that you are imbecile ?
        it can be of any size, here it will be one frame, i.e. 30 kdbus messages per second or so"

and i said shm can only be multiple the size of page

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          well, who cares about assumptions of person who starts with 'oh the stupidity' instead of 'im not familiar with the topic'
          my code is proprietary and not owned by me
          apparently you do
          and you are right, i should stop feeding the three little trolls

hope you popcorn people had fun

Comment

just for context
            "did i told you that you are imbecile ?
            it can be of any size, here it will be one frame, i.e. 30 kdbus messages per second or so"

and i said shm can only be multiple the size of page
            so, it will not be 30 messages per second if it will be 0-4095 bytes bigger?
            real context: "and so on for every 4k of sent data (it has to be 4k)"
            page size granularity is unimportant low level detail in our context(how many messages will be sent)
            so you said utter bullshit and trying to make cheap excuses

Comment

Unitll Pulse will not implement hardware acceleration it will be a piece of junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                Unitll Pulse will not implement hardware acceleration it will be a piece of junk.
                Send a patch to include hardware acceleration support for PulseAudio. After all, the source code is available.

Comment

it can only be freed after the recipient is done with it
                  in the meantime the client can make another one and another one and so on

allocating memory is not that simple, i looked into it and there are still plenty things the kernel MM does i don't know about or am sure how they work
                  Yeah sure but eventually the recipient will be done with it, and then the next allocation will most likely return a previously freed region of the same size, thus a reusing-loop starts. Why does this trash the cache? It's not like the memory regions being continuous would improve caching, assuming the smallest chunk size is probably a lot bigger than a cache line. Or am I thinking about it wrongly?

Comment

sure, i also live in europe
                    same as whateverheiscalled, show me your code and il show you the fun thing im working on right now
                    im just interested if you know how to code
                    Sorry, didn't know that one needs code to point out your idiocy and self contradictions.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

Send a patch to include hardware acceleration support for PulseAudio. After all, the source code is available.
                      so why developpers don't implement hardware acceleration!?

Comment

Working...
                      X