Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PulseVideo" Coming To Complement PulseAudio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "PulseVideo" Coming To Complement PulseAudio?

Phoronix: "PulseVideo" Coming To Complement PulseAudio?

It seems there's an announcement imminent concerning some sort of "PulseVideo" project that likely is the PulseAudio equivalent for video...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting although I do wonder where this will sit in the overall layout of all the systems. Will hold back on judgement till I see the idea, and probably a few releases of said idea.

Comment

oh the stupidity

Comment

I don't have a problem with these guys taking advantage of another popular name. A real life consumer oriented video server would in fact be a real good thing.

EDIT: As long as it stays thin and lite and stays focused on it's primary functions I'll be happy with it. If it's used as just another package to shove bloatware into and starts coming in at gigantic sizes then I won't be.
        Last edited by duby229; 30 June 2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          EDIT: As long as it stays thin and lite and stays focused on it's primary functions I'll be happy with it. If it's used as just another package to shove bloatware into and starts coming in at gigantic sizes then I won't be.
          itl most probably be over k/dbus
          they don't do anything else anymore

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
            oh the stupidity
            oh the stupidity of judging things before you know anything about them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
              oh the stupidity
              Of course, because anything with the word "Pulse" in the name must automatically be bad.

Comment

Stop NO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
                  i know gstreamer still doesn't handle alsa properly
                  i know GKH stated multimedia as a reason for kdbus
                  i know PA wants to transfer audio over kdbus
                  i know gnome wants to do everything over dbus

its a good prediction

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
                    But it's new, and we all know how gens reacts to new things: they are either stupid and/or he can do better with a few lines of shell script.

Comment

Working...
                    X