No announcement yet.

KDBUS Won't Be Pushed Until The Linux 4.3 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch someone pulled a bad one on here. sysinit vs systemd is a total false dichotomy. There's other init systems that are dead simple that work much better than sysinit (runit is one example). systemd reminds me of one of my first real computing projects I worked on. I came up with a DSL to solve some problems that happened to sit on top of another DSL. The obvious real solution was to write a few utilities and come up with a few usage conventions for the original DSL. Classic case of mistaken over engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post

Because the old style IPC *doesn't* "just work". That's why we have DBus, as the most commonly-used IPC mechanism on Linux systems. People keep saying "just use Plumber because it's simple and UNIXy" - but it's apparent that nobody actually wants "simple and UNIXy" because it doesn't do what they need.
      And the "obvious implication" here is that people who can't make those other IPCs "just work" are bad programmers. At least that's what I've been told by some of those in the anti-systemd crowd.

Because what the world needs is more IPC systems.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post

And the "obvious implication" here is that people who can't make those other IPCs "just work" are bad programmers. At least that's what I've been told by some of those in the anti-systemd crowd.

Because what the world needs is more IPC systems.
        What the linux kernel needs is an IPC that can be abstracted to meet peoples needs.

Comment

Working...
        X