X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotwig
    replied
    Enough trolled, kids.
    Kind of nice how fast they roll out releases, but I still want rolling release like on Arch (no i dont want rawhide, thats self suicide)

Leave a comment:

• gens
    replied
    Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

How else do you expect people to be able to boot the newly installed system? Every distro with a user friendly installer does this (and no, using another distro's grub is not a valid answer as majority of users wouldn't have another distro besides Fedora installed).

Debian (at least in expert mode) installer offers you a choice whether to install grub to mbr - are you sure Fedora's installer doesn't do the same?
    i was responding to the "HAS TO"
    you can have any other bootloader in MBR and grub on a partition, but anaconda apparently does not support other OS-es controlling the MBR

Debian is about choice, so ofc it supports it

Leave a comment:

• Krejzi
    replied
    Originally posted by gens View Post

no, it doesn't
    How else do you expect people to be able to boot the newly installed system? Every distro with a user friendly installer does this (and no, using another distro's grub is not a valid answer as majority of users wouldn't have another distro besides Fedora installed).

Debian (at least in expert mode) installer offers you a choice whether to install grub to mbr - are you sure Fedora's installer doesn't do the same?

Leave a comment:

• magika
    replied
    Is Michael being endorsed by Red Hat or it just generates most clicks than any other distro? We are getting at least an article every day about Fedora with no contents whatsoever.
    inb4 "Fedorea dominated Linux news this month" post.

Leave a comment:

• gens
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post

i literally don't even understand what youre complaining about... It HAS TO overwrite the MBR to install grub. Also the new anaconda has been out of 'alpha' for awhile.
    no, it doesn't

(also anaconda has been filled with bugs for ever)

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    It may have "exiting new features", though I bet it still overwrites your MBR without asking, Windows style... They should at least be using the old Anaconda until this one comes out of alpha.
    i literally don't even understand what youre complaining about... It HAS TO overwrite the MBR to install grub. Also the new anaconda has been out of 'alpha' for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    It may have "exiting new features", though I bet it still overwrites your MBR without asking, Windows style... They should at least be using the old Anaconda until this one comes out of alpha.
    fedora is experimental distro, no big news

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Fedora 22 Is Being Released Next Tuesday

Fedora 22 Is Being Released Next Tuesday

Phoronix: Fedora 22 Is Being Released Next Tuesday

While yesterday there was risk of Fedora 22 being delayed beyond next week, this next Fedora Linux release was cleared today for being released next Tuesday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X