• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jade
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    Originally posted by Jade
    A new kernel and still no Reiser4.
    well i'm still waiting for gentoo patchset for the new kernel. do you think it's also sabotage?

besides it's only been a day or two. can't you wait one stupid week?
    I meant that Reiser4 is still not in the kernel, not that a patchset has not arrived,... but you may be right,... has the gentoo patchset come out yet?
    Last edited by Jade; 29 August 2008, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jade
    replied
    Originally posted by Vighy View Post
    Jade's reasons are all political reasons...
    That is just not true.

Leave a comment:

• H.i.M
    replied
    ^
    This is the answer.
    Nothing different.

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    the way i understood it - he means either inclusion or making reiser4 compatible. the latter happens within a week or two after a stable kernel release anyway.

what's the point of bitching? he should try looking at unsupported section on gentoo forums, there are people developing various kernel patchsets, also with reiser4.
    Jade's reasons are all political reasons...
    He maybe uses it in a patched kernel... but he want's to demonstrate reiser4's supremacy

reiser4 was rejected because it was too intrusive on various areas of the kernel that traditionally don't belong to the fs layer.
    not only! also the quality of code and code readability.
    Reiser4 has a lot of issues unsolved. Is potentially a good (someone thinks the best) filesystem, but in practice is not "finished".

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    the way i understood it - he means either inclusion or making reiser4 compatible. the latter happens within a week or two after a stable kernel release anyway.

what's the point of bitching? he should try looking at unsupported section on gentoo forums, there are people developing various kernel patchsets, also with reiser4.

reiser4 was rejected because it was too intrusive on various areas of the kernel that traditionally don't belong to the fs layer.

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    well i'm still waiting for gentoo patchset for the new kernel. do you think it's also sabotage?

besides it's only been a day or two. can't you wait one stupid week? if you cannot wait, why don't you port reiser for 2.6.26 and stop sabotaging these forums?

(people who prefer stable kernels stick to 2.6.16.x line anyway. or similar kenrel branches).

that's the way it is. i had to wait ~10 days for aufs to get patched for 2.6.25. as most external kernel module users usually have to. kernel changes, developers have to follow.
    He means there's no inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline.

but jade.... you did know that wasn't going to be in this release, since 2 weeks ago... why do you say it now?

But a question about you, are you skilled at programming? are you used to code?

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied

besides it's only been a day or two. can't you wait one stupid week? if you cannot wait, why don't you port reiser for 2.6.26 and stop sabotaging these forums?

(people who prefer stable kernels stick to 2.6.16.x line anyway. or similar kenrel branches).

that's the way it is. i had to wait ~10 days for aufs to get patched for 2.6.25. as most external kernel module users usually have to. kernel changes, developers have to follow.
    Last edited by yoshi314; 15 July 2008, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mlau
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Someone still develops Reiser 4?
    Yes, at least one former Namesys employee still fixes bugs and
    does fixups for newer kernels.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Someone still develops Reiser 4?

Leave a comment:

• mlau
    replied
    Originally posted by Jade View Post
    Someone should actually submit it for inclusion and wait for the VFS gurus to give their blessing. AFAIR the last submission attempt was
    around 1-2 years ago.

Calling the kernel people "sabotuers" on a random internet forum won't
    help Reiser4's cause, you know. So please stop it. It's annoying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X