No announcement yet.

The Linux Kernel SABOTEURS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would those devs try to sabotage the kernel? Can people in prison write letters? It would be nice to send these code examples to Mr. Reiser (or any other kernel devs) and see what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
      Why not? I am seriously considering it.
      Well... You do understand, for changes to be added into the (official) kernel source, that changes will need to be verified by someone and finally accepted by Linus. What you have asserted here, the kernel developers have ganged up together to make Reiserfs perform badly in Linux.

So...

1) You have accused the kernel developers as SABOTEURS (a bunch of SOB). This mean you don't trust them.

2) If you are helping the maintenance of Reiserfs (3/4), then you should have mail your findings to them and explain to them what they had done wrong. Instead of that, you make accusation that they are a bunch of SOB. This mean, you are not willing to work with them.

3) If this is how you deals with problem, I doubt kernel developers would trust you either.

Conclusion, neither you nor the kernel developers would be able to work together.

Implication, if you became _the_ person maintaining Reiserfs (3/4), that would definitely spell the end of Reiserfs for Linux.
      Last edited by lenrek; 17 May 2008, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lenrek View Post
        Well... You do understand, for changes to be added into the (official) kernel source, that changes will need to be verified by someone and finally accepted by Linus.
        No worries. I don't care if it is never accepted by the kernel SABOTEURS.

What you have asserted here, the kernel developers have ganged up together to make Reiserfs perform badly in Linux.
        Not all of them,... but yes.

I would initially be happy to do what Edward Shishkin is doing.

Since he is doing this, I have not got to learn the code.

What I would like to do is develop Reiser's idea of "the filesystem = the database."

So far there has been no motivation to get stuck in,... so its all just maybes...

Comment

I always thought Xenu was behind the sabotage-acts on the linux-kernel. Or maybe unicorns.

You destroyed my fancy conspiracy-theory!

Comment

Some people in this thread are causing a worldwide tin shortage with their haberdashery.

Comment

No worries. I don't care if it is never accepted by the kernel SABOTEURS.
              It would be your own fork. So, have fun with it then...

... Not all of them,... but yes.
              So... Not all of them? Then, they just remain silent about this issue? Or, maybe they are not that smart enough to notice this, only you saw this problem?

... What I would like to do is develop Reiser's idea of "the filesystem = the database." ...
              Hans Reiser is an asshat

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
                Some people in this thread are causing a worldwide tin shortage with their haberdashery.
                We, the EAC... Erm... Sorry, we don't exists. Oh... Oops...

Comment

It would be your own fork. So, have fun with it then...
                  When is a fork, not a fork?

No one is actively working on Reiser4. No one. So my fork would be simply a bend in the only road. Not a fork at all, really.

Comment

So... Not all of them? Then, they just remain silent about this issue? Or, maybe they are not that smart enough to notice this, only you saw this problem?
                    Most of them probably never noticed.

Comment

When is a fork, not a fork?
                      Well, if it is a fork, then it is a fork. Unless, you are trying to fork into something that is not a fork?

No one is actively working on Reiser4. No one. So my fork would be simply a bend in the only road. Not a fork at all, really.
                      Sure... Go ahead, no one stopping you.

Comment

Working...
                      X