KDBUS Still Hasn't Been Pulled, Might Not Land For Linux 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    So if I make the linux browser I use it only for me. Thanks for answer.
    I see, you are to dumb to grasp open source.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
      I see, you are to dumb to grasp open source.
      And you are too smart to understand how stupid are your answers .

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        And you are too smart to understand how stupid are your answers .
        You are perfectly free to write your very own proprietary browser only for your use if you wish. This is derailing fairly far from the topic though

Comment

I think the problem is that kdbus right now acts like a network hub instead of a switch with identity verification for who is allowed to see what.

Comment

if people like
            Alan Cox
            Al Viro
            Andy Lutomirski
            Eric Biederman

don't like your code/find it problematic

your code is bad and problematic. It is really that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by bog_dan_ro View Post
              Sadly Binder is available only for Android ... just because some people love to hate everything that they don't understand
              Actually, it's because, when they wrote Binder, they never designed it for non-Android Linux so enabling it on a normal Linux system opens up massive security holes.

(Source: Some LWN.net posts and kernel dev blog posts that I failed to recover the URLs for via Google)

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
                Actually, it's because, when they wrote Binder, they never designed it for non-Android Linux so enabling it on a normal Linux system opens up massive security holes.

(Source: Some LWN.net posts and kernel dev blog posts that I failed to recover the URLs for via Google)
                They also serve different purposes.

There is for example this:
                Now that linux.conf.au is over, there has been a bunch of information running around about the status of kdbus and the integration of it with systemd. So, here’s a short summary of what’s going on at the moment. Lennart Poettering gave a talk about kdbus at linux.conf.au. The talk can be viewed here, and the slides are here. Go read the slides and watch the talk, odds are, most of your questions will be answered there already.

Comment

Working...
                X