Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDBUS Still Hasn't Been Pulled, Might Not Land For Linux 4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    So if I make the linux browser I use it only for me. Thanks for answer.
    I see, you are to dumb to grasp open source.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
      I see, you are to dumb to grasp open source.
      And you are too smart to understand how stupid are your answers .

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        And you are too smart to understand how stupid are your answers .
        You are perfectly free to write your very own proprietary browser only for your use if you wish. This is derailing fairly far from the topic though

        Comment


        • #24
          I think the problem is that kdbus right now acts like a network hub instead of a switch with identity verification for who is allowed to see what.

          Comment


          • #25
            if people like
            Alan Cox
            Al Viro
            Andy Lutomirski
            Eric Biederman

            don't like your code/find it problematic

            your code is bad and problematic. It is really that simple.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by bog_dan_ro View Post
              Sadly Binder is available only for Android ... just because some people love to hate everything that they don't understand
              Actually, it's because, when they wrote Binder, they never designed it for non-Android Linux so enabling it on a normal Linux system opens up massive security holes.

              (Source: Some LWN.net posts and kernel dev blog posts that I failed to recover the URLs for via Google)

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
                Actually, it's because, when they wrote Binder, they never designed it for non-Android Linux so enabling it on a normal Linux system opens up massive security holes.

                (Source: Some LWN.net posts and kernel dev blog posts that I failed to recover the URLs for via Google)
                They also serve different purposes.

                There is for example this:
                http://kroah.com/log/blog/2014/01/15/kdbus-details/

                Comment

                Working...
                X