Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XFS Updates Submitted For Linux 4.1 Kernel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XFS Updates Submitted For Linux 4.1 Kernel

    Phoronix: XFS Updates Submitted For Linux 4.1 Kernel

    Dave Chinner has sent in his XFS file-system updates targeting the Linux 4.1 kernel...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...=XFS-Linux-4.1

  • #2
    I like XFS, but had to dump it on my desktop because a lot of games refused to work with it. Use XFS exclusively on the server though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      I like XFS, but had to dump it on my desktop because a lot of games refused to work with it. Use XFS exclusively on the server though.
      https://github.com/virtual-programmi...linux/issues/2

      "The game doesn't run from an XFS filesystem #2"


      I wonder if they can figure out what the underlying issue with those games is

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
        https://github.com/virtual-programmi...linux/issues/2

        "The game doesn't run from an XFS filesystem #2"


        I wonder if they can figure out what the underlying issue with those games is
        It's an easy fix, actually. https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...es/issues/1685 Games just need to compile with the mentioned compile option.
        Game devs are lazy though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by xeekei View Post
          It's an easy fix, actually. https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...es/issues/1685 Games just need to compile with the mentioned compile option.
          Game devs are lazy though.
          awesome !

          so things might not be as difficult as they appear (at least part of the time)

          Thanks for pointing that out

          Comment

          Working...
          X