No announcement yet.

A Decent, Low-Cost 2U Server Chassis For $69

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like something similar, but with a shorter depth.

Comment

Also, those punny air filters create more problems than the solve.

They fill fast and then they act as a cork- they obstruct airflow. Also, even when clean, they usually introduce much more resistance to airflow, which demands more work from ventilators, which means much more noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
        Also, those punny air filters create more problems than the solve.
        They're a joke.

Comment

Anybody want to start a Kickstarter.... ??

Anybody want to start a Kickstarter project to provide a decent label maker...

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
            more work from ventilators, which means much more noise.
            Actually less work. Because the air can't go away, it just ends up being a vortex. The blades will have less resistance, and hence are able to spin faster.
            Just like a vacuum cleaner: block the intake, and the motor can run faster due to less friction.
            Also you will get overheating due to no cooling.
            The filters are not really a waste: they will never get clogged in a real datacenter, so should be removed there, but in a home made datacenter it actually helps not clogging your fans.
            Filters should be cleaned everytime you hear the fans go up.
            Otoh, if you use the right fans, they will not get clogged by dust.
            You should also practice a regulair airdusting the inside of your servers. The quality of your air-conditioner/filter decides how often. In a datacenter that's about never.
            In my room that's about every 2 years because I am lazy, and these servers are in production.

Anyway: that's a very tiny/short servercase :-).

Comment

Your farm is starting to look a lot better, Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
                Actually less work. Because the air can't go away, it just ends up being a vortex. The blades will have less resistance, and hence are able to spin faster.
                Just like a vacuum cleaner: block the intake, and the motor can run faster due to less friction.
                Also you will get overheating due to no cooling.
                The filters are not really a waste: they will never get clogged in a real datacenter, so should be removed there, but in a home made datacenter it actually helps not clogging your fans.
                Filters should be cleaned everytime you hear the fans go up.
                Otoh, if you use the right fans, they will not get clogged by dust.
                You should also practice a regulair airdusting the inside of your servers. The quality of your air-conditioner/filter decides how often. In a datacenter that's about never.
                In my room that's about every 2 years because I am lazy, and these servers are in production.
                This is why Michael shows the Dyson on the picture, he already had the solution

Comment

Working...
                X