Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Changes & Features Of The Linux 3.19 Kernel

Phoronix: The Best Changes & Features Of The Linux 3.19 Kernel

If all goes according to plan the Linux 3.19 kernel will be released by the end of today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, I'm interested in seeing more about AMDKFD. I 'm still running a 6850, but soon I'll be getting a new card. What I don't know is what card.

I'm very interested in seeing compatibility and performance of the new framework.

Comment

I would like to know something more about the btrfs raid 5/6 current status.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        The most recent information I have found is this:

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          Cool, I'm interested in seeing more about AMDKFD. I 'm still running a 6850, but soon I'll be getting a new card. What I don't know is what card.
          You should forget about cards, traditional CPUs and GPUs only... HSA is only posibile on and because of APUs, well not on earlier APUs but currently Kaveri APUs and will be on Carrizo APUs, etc...

It must be HSA SoC enabled or designed or whatever for HSA from any vendor that is... i guess AMD will start to advertise that on end users products started with Carrizo as Carrizo will be first to be compliant with HSA 1.0 specs

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            You should forget about cards, traditional CPUs and GPUs only... HSA is only posibile on and because of APUs, well not on earlier APUs but currently Kaveri APUs and will be on Carrizo APUs, etc...

It must be HSA SoC enabled or designed or whatever for HSA from any vendor that is... i guess AMD will start to advertise that on end users products started with Carrizo as Carrizo will be first to be compliant with HSA 1.0 specs
            I may consider getting an APU. But I'm still going to get a discrete card as well. Right now I'm using a 4200 IGP as well as a 6850 discrete card. An APU would serve my needs better than my current IGP does.

Comment

Originally posted by anybody View Post
              The most recent information I have found is this:
              http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg41458.html
              Thanks, I found the very same infos on an IRC log. I think I will switch to btrfs for my new laptop, starting with 3.20. I will also probably switch to btrfs raid 5 in my production server starting from 3.21/3.22.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Linus is expressing the possibility of having Linux 4.0 simply be a hardened Linux 3.19
                Hopefully this materializes. The Linux foundation could offer bounties for every bug squashed in this release. This would be good PR and keep development busy even if nothing new is introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Some features are also available for discreet cards (285 only for now, and all future cards). But you still need a kaveri or newer APU as no other CPU has IOMMUv2.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    raid 5/6 is for poor people. it is slow and unreliable. use raid 1

Comment

Working...
                    X