Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.19-rc7 Kernel Released: Linux 3.19 Final Coming Soon

Phoronix: Linux 3.19-rc7 Kernel Released: Linux 3.19 Final Coming Soon

The seventh and likely last release candidate to the Linux 3.19 kernel is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone know if deadlock fix is already in?

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post
      Anyone know if deadlock fix is already in?
      That was rather vague

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        That was rather vague
        Eh sorry, thought everyone would know it given how nasty it is. I meant this.

Comment

No bug-fixes only for 3.19, I think Linux 4.0 is not for now. Remember...

Eh sorry, thought everyone would know it given how nasty it is. I meant this.
          It was a problem with HPET. I think you missed this article.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorg View Post
            No bug-fixes only for 3.19, I think Linux 4.0 is not for now. Remember...

It was a problem with HPET. I think you missed this article.
            Huh? You think system lockup problem is not worthy for release as soon as fix available? Ill let you think that...

And yes i saw that article and i know its HPET-related. However noone said anything about when fix would be available thats why im asking.

Comment

Huh? You think system lockup problem is not worthy for release as soon as fix available?
              Well, if you release system running on zilions of various things, obviously sometimes you'll run into some issues on one device or another. However, scale of problem really varies. If it hits million users ... devs will soon get their brains eaten by angry users, so they will obviously fix that crap ASAP. If it only appears in some exotic circumstances on very few chosen configs, it can be tricky bug to catch in first place.

Comment

Huh? You think system lockup problem is not worthy for release as soon as fix available? Ill let you think that...

And yes i saw that article and i know its HPET-related. However noone said anything about when fix would be available thats why im asking.
                If you have a computer that has this issue, I suggest you contact the kernel devs. If I'm not mistaken they stopped fixing the bug as they ran out of hardware that had it.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                  Well, if you release system running on zilions of various things, obviously sometimes you'll run into some issues on one device or another. However, scale of problem really varies. If it hits million users ... devs will soon get their brains eaten by angry users, so they will obviously fix that crap ASAP. If it only appears in some exotic circumstances on very few chosen configs, it can be tricky bug to catch in first place.
                  Right, thats why fix skipped a few releases even. Its fine. I was just wondering if anyone is aware if its done already since last article sounded its real close.

Comment

Right, thats why fix skipped a few releases even. Its fine. I was just wondering if anyone is aware if its done already since last article sounded its real close.
                    Last I heard the guy working on it no longer has access to that hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    X