Version 3 Of KDBUS Posted For The Mainline Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
    fearmongering? what do you mean? i wouldn't say if i would be against kdbus, which i'm not. i'm all for it and as far as i understand putting something into review where it has complaints on too many aspects it needs to be changed is a failed attempt that requires addressing and resubmitting. was there ever any submission in kernel that didn't go trough same loops?

then again, it might just be that my english is worse than it is and you're right in your claim. in that case... my bad
    It may really be a language problem ( I am not a native English speaker, too), but when you say:
    notice the 3rd try to merge it. this implies there were 2 failed attempts. i think that should cover your fears well enough
    this clearly is fear mongering, because a) this is not the third attempt to merge it, this is the third version submitted for review, and b) you imply that kdbus somehow is failing because there were changes made based on the feedback from the reviews, which actually is just normal procedure, but not a failure in any way.
    It sounded as you wanted to incite fear about kdbus based on you not understanding how the review process works.
    If that is not what you wanted to express with your statements then this is indeed a misunderstanding and I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
      It may really be a language problem ( I am not a native English speaker, too), but when you say:this clearly is fear mongering, because a) this is not the third attempt to merge it, this is the third version submitted for review, and b) you imply that kdbus somehow is failing because there were changes made based on the feedback from the reviews, which actually is just normal procedure, but not a failure in any way.
      It sounded as you wanted to incite fear about kdbus based on you not understanding how the review process works.
      If that is not what you wanted to express with your statements then this is indeed a misunderstanding and I apologize.
      my comment was to imply diligence with which it is reviewed which is what OP was worried by. in kernel either it all falls in place or it is a fail&redo. that is one of my main respect points for kernel people. they never accept something that is not as it should be and at the same time tech still gets accepted even if it is not to everyones likings. as long as it is done properly and suits its purpose, kernel people are definitely one group you can rely on for review job to be done properly and without bias

next, if i wanted to incite anything... would i say that kdbus is one of technologies that solves most of the complaints by being one of last pieces in sandboxed apps?
      Last edited by justmy2cents; 17 January 2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
        my comment was to imply diligence with which it is reviewed which is what OP was worried by. in kernel either it all falls in place or it is a fail&redo. that is one of my main respect points for kernel people. they never accept something that is not as it should be and at the same time tech still gets accepted even if it is not to everyones likings. as long as it is done properly and suits its purpose, kernel people are definitely one group you can rely on for review job to be done properly and without bias

next, if i wanted to incite anything... would i say that kdbus is one of technologies that solves most of the complaints by being one of last pieces in sandboxed apps?
        As I said, I have misunderstood you and I apologize for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          As I said, I have misunderstood you and I apologize for that.
          lol, no apologies needed. though you did scare me a little about my english being worse than it is and that was all that i wanted to get it. if i was in wrong, what would that be so i don't repeat same mistake again in future. my apologies if it looked as i would want to prove my point after the fact
          Last edited by justmy2cents; 17 January 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X