Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nano-Archimedes Is The Latest GNU Project, Making More Scientific Software Open-Sourc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano-Archimedes Is The Latest GNU Project, Making More Scientific Software Open-Sourc

Phoronix: Nano-Archimedes Is The Latest GNU Project, Making More Scientific Software Open-Source

The first version of GNU Nano-Archimedes was released on Sunday and is trying to free up more of quantum simulations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Uh, Michael, the "comment" button doesn't seem to be connected to this thread for some reason?..

Anyway, this seems to be software for calculating Schr?dinger's Cats, which is always fun. In general I believe that all scientific software should be free software; the whole point of science is to be reproducible, and with proprietary software you can't do that. Thankfully scientists tend to agree, so things like R are quite widespread now. I'm working with QGIS myself, despite ArcGIS being the thing that's being taught everywhere.

Comment

Working...
    X