Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux 3.18 Kernel Brings Many Great Changes

Phoronix: The Linux 3.18 Kernel Brings Many Great Changes

The Linux 3.18 kernel is expected to be released this weekend and with this major update to the kernel are -- as usual -- an exciting number of changes and new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and some regressions as well (as stated in amd open source driver benchmarks)

Comment

Michael, has that high profile kernel crash bug been bisected and patched yet?

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
        <3 Bridgman
        Thank Tim, Alex and Christian for this one, I'm mostly over in HSA-land these days
        Test signature

Comment

...while not getting minerals named after you

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
            and some regressions as well (as stated in amd open source driver benchmarks)
            Not in the kernel, afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
              Michael, has that high profile kernel crash bug been bisected and patched yet?
              Bisecting is next to impossible, because there isn't any regression test.
              From what I understand, most common denominator was racing between watchdog and something (plus there was unrelated Xen regression that has been fixed).

To be on safe side, you can disable watchdog by adding nmi_watchdog=0 to your parameter list (people with servers probably don't wanna do that, but there is little use of watchdog on workstations).

Comment

What about that file-system performance regression?

"Diseased newt" indeed...

Comment

HSA is awesome!!!
                  Once it got mainlined I'll consider replacing kaveri with my trinity build!

Comment

AFAIK, nmi_watchdog is disabled in 32bit kernels but i might be wrong , can anyone confirm ?

Comment

Working...
                    X