X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r_a_trip
    replied
    Originally posted by Lysius View Post
    I'm still waiting for the audio player in systemd. That way I can play the startup jingle without having to wait for the desktop environment!
    systemd-pulseaudiod?

Leave a comment:

• doom_Oo7
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    If it gets better and is attractive to the NM developers there shouldn't be any reason not to.

Although I remember reading that systemd is quite clear about networkd not being meant to replace existing networking tools in linux like wpa_supplicent and dhclient.

Mhhh althought it does not replace wpa_supplicant, it replaces (imho in a much better way) dhclient/dhcpcd.
    I migrated all of my computers to sd-networkd last week and I am frankly impressed, the link comes up much faster than with dhcpcd/dhclient and the config is brain-dead easy. Also it plays nicely with wpa_supplicant so it can be used without problems on a laptop.

For debian-ers just make a .service file with ExecStart=/usr/bin/wpa_supplicant -C/etc/your/wpa_supplicant/config/file -iwlan0 (or any other interface), enable systemd-{networkd,resolved}, and make a symlink from /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf (or something in the likes) to /etc/resolv.conf and you're good to go ;p

Leave a comment:

• Illasera
    replied
    Rename systemd

I would like to make one small suggestion, Rename systemd "process starter" to systemd kernel/OS.

And to piss off the rest of the readers who enjoy systemd, Since its now by default on debian and the rest of the popular linux based operating systems, I think its actually time to make yet ANOTHER fork to debian, only to avoid systemd.

Leave a comment:

• The Solutor
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    no, nobody cares about you.

Frankly I'm sure that there are more people who cares about me than an unknown troll like you, but it's not the point.

they still exist whether you happy about it or not. crying on forums is pointless
    I care a little about the childs like you.

You should o to push some square buttons on an iphone, this is something I'm sure you can do better than arguing about something you don't understand on public forum.

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    replied
    Originally posted by The Solutor View Post
    I can't wait.

When the photo editor and antivirus functions will be integreted in systemd ?
    surely, systemd will be complete when it is capable of reading email, which is the natural progression of software development.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Wonder if some day NM will be able to use networkd as backend
    If it gets better and is attractive to the NM developers there shouldn't be any reason not to.

Although I remember reading that systemd is quite clear about networkd not being meant to replace existing networking tools in linux like wpa_supplicent and dhclient.

Leave a comment:

• erendorn
    replied
    According to your definition, a nuclear weapon is progress too, but be sure not everyone is happy with this kind of "progress".
    There sure has been a sharp decline in open wars between developed nations since we have nuclear weapons

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    One of the reasons to choose an open source project instead of a closed/commercial one is exactly that.

There's some one who cares about me (about the end user).
    no, nobody cares about you. you have power to change something by doing work yourself or by hiring someone. also it is easier to collaborate on than on closed source software. but nobody cares about you.
    According to your definition, a nuclear weapon is progress too, but be sure not everyone is happy with this kind of "progress".
    they still exist whether you happy about it or not. crying on forums is pointless

Leave a comment:

• The Solutor
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    there are multitude of things you don't need, but nobody cares about you
    One of the reasons to choose an open source project instead of a closed/commercial one is exactly that.

There's some one who cares about me (about the end user).

If you want something that just works you have just to use windows or macos, there's no need to have an alternate OS with the same pros and cons.

and progress is not going to stop

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Aah! I love a good systemd thread in the morning. People are hilarious!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X