Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd Works On PPPoE Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Candide View Post
    Anytime someone rolls out the spelling/grammar mistake argument, you know that person has nothing useful to say and is best ignored.
    every time some moron thinks uppercasing two letters in systemd is a grammar mistake instead of just consequence of not reading the fucking manual, you know he is a moron.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      every time some moron thinks uppercasing two letters in systemd is a grammar mistake instead of just consequence of not reading the fucking manual, you know he is a moron.
      AKA a spelling mistake, which was covered in his post. At this point you're just looking for things to argue about.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        No, see, EVERYTHING UNDER THE SYSTEMD UMBRELLA RUNS ON PID1!! Didn't you know that?? The init system is combined with every other project!! THIS IS WHY WE HATE SYSTEMD! BECAUSE MODULARITY IS GOOD!

        *cough*
        $ ps aux | grep systemd

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mufasa72 View Post
          $ ps aux | grep systemd

          (I was being sarcastic, pretending to be one of those people that hate systemd without actually knowing anything about it)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            (I was being sarcastic, pretending to be one of those people that hate systemd without actually knowing anything about it)
            Apparently you're a little too convincing...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
              (I was being sarcastic, pretending to be one of those people that hate systemd without actually knowing anything about it)
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_programming

              good that you are insulting people by saying that they don't know what they are talking about
              without you knowing what they are talking about..

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by gens View Post
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_programming

                good that you are insulting people by saying that they don't know what they are talking about
                without you knowing what they are talking about..
                Modular programming is a software design technique that emphasizes separating the functionality of a program into independent, interchangeable modules, such that each contains everything necessary to execute only one aspect of the desired functionality.[1] Conceptually, modules represent a separation of concerns, and improve maintainability by enforcing logical boundaries between components. Modules are typically incorporated into the program through interfaces.[2] A module interface expresses the elements that are provided and required by the module. The elements defined in the interface are detectable by other modules. The implementation contains the working code that corresponds to the elements declared in the interface.
                So... pretty much what systemd does between itself and things such as systemd-networkd, systemd-logind, etc? I'm confused as to which part of this goes against what I said (but do enlighten me instead of just linking to a Wikipedia article).

                Comment


                • #38
                  I'm still waiting for the audio player in systemd. That way I can play the startup jingle without having to wait for the desktop environment!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Lysius View Post
                    I'm still waiting for the audio player in systemd. That way I can play the startup jingle without having to wait for the desktop environment!
                    Heck, why not we have the entire desktop environment in systemd? This way we can boot to the desktop even before all the other libraries are loaded!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                      I use it on my desktop PC, where I have just a simply DHCP ethernet connection. It acquires a lease in 5 ms instead of 500-600 ms with network manager. On my laptop I need to manage wifi and ethernet connections which require authorization so I have to use NetworkManager for that.
                      I would be interested in doing the same here, is there any guide available on how to perform the change, please?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X