Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox Framework Comes With Linux 3.18

Phoronix: Mailbox Framework Comes With Linux 3.18

On top of many other changes with Linux 3.18 is also a common mailbox driver/framework for the kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mailbox - message queue, a means of interprocess communication.

Why does Linux another one? There's so many IPC mechanisms already (including kdbus soon).

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      Mailbox - message queue, a means of interprocess communication.

Why does Linux another one? There's so many IPC mechanisms already (including kdbus soon).
      Inter-Processor-Communication (IPC)
      (5char)

Comment

OK, I'm not 100% certain about this but I think this is in regards to arm's recent IoTs announcement.
        This may have to do with allowing a well defined protocol to interface with their mbed OS on m processors.
        I assume everyone has already heard about the soon to be ubiquitous mbed OS? That is a niche that fits ukernels to a T. Where security, stability and size are of the utmost importance.
        Linux still still be on their A-class procs, however, but their new M7 has performance characteristics of A7/8.

Comment

Working...
        X