Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes So Far For The Linux 3.18 Kernel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changes So Far For The Linux 3.18 Kernel

    Phoronix: Changes So Far For The Linux 3.18 Kernel

    While we're just one week in for what's expected to be a longer than usual merge window, here's a look at the top work so far for the Linux 3.18 kernel...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgxMTI

  • #2
    Is it just me or has Linux advancment graduated from a trickle to a river, and quickly headed torward flood watch?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by grndzro View Post
      Is it just me or has Linux advancment graduated from a trickle to a river, and quickly headed torward flood watch?
      Nah, it's changes as usual.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        Nah, it's changes as usual.
        Yeah I agree. Michael is doing a great job reporting on Linux kernel changes vs a few years ago. It is far easier reading his summarized articles than trawling LKML ect.

        Comment


        • #5
          Another week, support for another video game controller. I guess it should be obvious which gaming industry tails are wagging the Linux dog right now. Good thing we don't have any important issues to work on like security or wireless connectivity or improving the graphics stack.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            Another week, support for another video game controller. I guess it should be obvious which gaming industry tails are wagging the Linux dog right now. Good thing we don't have any important issues to work on like security or wireless connectivity or improving the graphics stack.
            You're talking as if game controller development is the only thing happening, to the detriment of everything else. As if there aren't different people working on game controllers from those working on wireless or graphics. As if the game controller people even *could* work on wireless or graphics if they weren't working on the controllers (hint: different people have different skills).

            So, umm, dafuq dude?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tinuva View Post
              Yeah I agree. Michael is doing a great job reporting on Linux kernel changes vs a few years ago. It is far easier reading his summarized articles than trawling LKML ect.
              Thanks!
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment

              Working...
              X