Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 216 Piles On More Features, Aims For New User-Space VT

Phoronix: Systemd 216 Piles On More Features, Aims For New User-Space VT

Lennart Poettering announced the systemd 216 release on Tuesday and among its changes is a more complete systemd-resolved that has nearly complete caching DNS and LLMNR stub resolver, a new systemd terminal library, and a number of new commands...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why does an init system need to cache DNS in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
      systemd is now an umbrella project for many components that interact which each other. The systemd executable (init system) is just a part of it. Remember udev is also part of systemd.

Comment

Creature feep, of course. Wait til you see the garbage collector and the process scheduler in the next release of systemd.

Comment

udev is a can of bugs. On Ubuntu even my CH Pedals don't work anymore, hence I need to test other distros in virtualbox when I find
          time. (evtest)

Comment

Systemd 216 isn't an init system. (That's just 1 of the things it includes)

Comment

The inti system doesn't. The basic network-setup system that's packaged alongside the init system does.

Comment

Why yes, what the systemd project *clearly* needed was a full terminal emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  Why yes, what the systemd project *clearly* needed was a full terminal emulator.
                  Of course, even X had a printing server at one point, so why not?!

Comment

systemd will end up getting a 3d engine. I called it here first.

Comment

Working...
                    X