No announcement yet.

Using Udev Without Systemd Is Going To Become Harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This probably is a kernel issue, not a systemd one.
    Just download the last kernel that worked correctly from packages.ubuntu.com, install it and reboot.

Sent from my pts/10 with w3m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat2 View Post
      Sent from my pts/10 with w3m.
      Thanks but we don't care, and the automated version of this is annoying to have to read on posts.

Comment

• Bloody nonsense. My CH Pedals worked fine since I got them ~6 years ago. Only after updating to Ubuntu 14.04 not anymore.- (I've never updated 12.04)

Seems Linux gets flooded by "after me the flood" people. I do something, maybe cause it looks good in my CV, if it doesn't work I don't care. Surely someone will
        fix it in the next years and users can boot meanwhile Windows again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike4 View Post
          Seems Linux gets flooded by "after me the flood" people.
          Linux is full of "if I don't know about it I can't fix it" people, because that's a fundamental characteristic of "people".

If you want it fixed, find the culprit (udev, kernel, etc..) and send a bug report to the correct place. If you want it fixed faster, bisect code, find the code that broke the pedals, fix it yourself.

If you don't like what other people are doing, keep your previous version of Ubuntu. As you said, your pedals were working fine.

Comment

• I've filed a bug report, that's all I can do. Even a reinstall is no option due to lack of time. It probably wouldn't even work either because it has the latest fixes...

Like that Linux will never pass ~2% users.-

Comment

I've filed a bug report, that's all I can do. Even a reinstall is no option due to lack of time. It probably wouldn't even work either because it has the latest fixes...

And yet you somehow have plenty of time to post in all of the systemd threads about your pedals, further the fact that you care so much about your pedals indicates that you have significant time to use them. Which just so happens to mean you have plenty of time to actually track down the problem and actually get it fixed.

Comment

I've filed a bug report, that's all I can do. Even a reinstall is no option due to lack of time. It probably wouldn't even work either because it has the latest fixes...

Did You try booting with Linux 3.2?
                Download it at http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/a...65-generic-pae , install and reboot.

Comment

• Come on, guys, don't feed the troll. It should be pretty clear now that mike4 is not actually interested in fixing that, just because it would take that one reason from him that he has to complain about systemd (though it is not even clear that this is a systemd issue).

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                    Come on, guys, don't feed the troll. It should be pretty clear now that mike4 is not actually interested in fixing that, just because it would take that one reason from him that he has to complain about systemd (though it is not even clear that this is a systemd issue).
                    Please don't be too eager to condemn Him. Otherwise in a similar situation, when something is annoying to You but have no time to fix it the same will happen.

Comment

• Looks like a fix apart the "not always working part":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/...?id=2658624399

Now how to easily update without breaking Ubuntu 14.04? I guess I have to wait..hopefully not like:
                      http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23007

Comment

Working...
                      X