I get 251157 total

Comment

Originally posted by Akka View Post
      How do you count the lines?
      When I use
      Code:
      find . -name '*.h' -o -name '*.c' | xargs wc -l
      I get 251157 total
      Total blind guess... Systemd is known to have one of the best sets of documentation available. Is the documentation in the source tree? If so GitStats may be counting the documentation as part of the line-count, your command above would be limited to strictly header and source files.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Udev is buggy like hell! And I've heard of an author being blamed by kernel devs. for producing ugly/buggy code. Is that the same person? God beware.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
          Are you talking about the /usr/bin + /bin merge? Because I'm pretty sure that was a decision Fedora made completely unrelated to systemd.
          Ok, I didn't know that. Suse did it also.

Comment

When I use
            Code:
            I get 251157 total
            There is more to the source tree than just .h and .c files. I think there's some python in there as well, plus they might be including documentation, makefiles etc as well in the line count.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
              Total blind guess... Systemd is known to have one of the best sets of documentation available. Is the documentation in the source tree? If so GitStats may be counting the documentation as part of the line-count, your command above would be limited to strictly header and source files.
              I don't find them at least. I think most of it is at freedesktop.org
              But I also found around 1301 loc python.

Also Makefile.in adds more than 17k loc

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                For me it isn't actually about technical issues at all if I should run systemd or not.
                [...]
                but in reality it is a trust issue, simple as that. I don't trust them, I don't use their software. Many of you argue the same way about Microsoft or Apple, I don't see why it shouldn't be valid here.
                Full post seconded. That hits it exactly.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

When I use
                  Code:
                  I get 251157 total
                  Yeah, the count seems off. With sloccount I get:

Code:
                  C:          190958 (92.66%)
                  sh:           12586 (6.11%)
                  perl:          1751 (0.85%)
                  python:         792 (0.38%)
                  I don't question the general trend though.

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
                    So let's see if I'm understanding this right. Which one of these statements describes the systemd architecture?

* systemd is a monolitic binary that includes inside a lot of services (like DHCP, dbus, and so on), but using #defines is possible to compile only some of them.

* systemd is growing with new services and more, but they still run like another process. The diference is that these services (like DHCP, dbus and so on) have been modified to integrate with systemd, and are now hosted inside the source tree of systemd, but can still be considered independent binaries.

Thanks.
                    The latter.

dbus is a bit different though, it is basically in three parts: what used to be the dbus daemon becomes the kdbus.ko kernel module; what used to be libdbus becomes the sd-bus library (there will also be other implementations of this available, possibly including libdbus itself); PID1 will set up the basic system bus (or rather ask the kernel to do so) on very early boot so it is always available.

All the other things are added as new services / libraries, most of which can be enabled/disabled at both compile and run time.

Comment

Originally posted by porken View Post
                      Then why can't they spin it off into separate libraries so that they can be used with other programs rather than just with systemd and systemd alone, without having to be spun off by some other developer?
                      We expose, or plan to expose, a lot of libraries. Not all will necessarily be exposed by default anytime soon, but at least we are preparing for doing so, and it is only a matter of flipping a switch (just want to be relatively confident that the API is the one we want): http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/...ee/src/systemd

Comment

Working...
                      X