Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tux3 Gets Harshly Criticized Over Code Quality

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tux3 Gets Harshly Criticized Over Code Quality

    Phoronix: Tux3 Gets Harshly Criticized Over Code Quality

    On Friday the Tux3 file-system was called for review and offered to the mainline Linux kernel. Tux3 has been under development for more than six years but it seems that even after all this time and improvements, the code quality still isn't the best and the work is being scrutinized...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5Mzk

  • #2
    It's easy to take shots, why not submit some code to fix it?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      It's easy to take shots, why not submit some code to fix it?
      Did you read the entire message? There's big fundamental issues, really big. "Some code" is not nearly enough, significant development is required.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by peppercats View Post
        It's easy to take shots, why not submit some code to fix it?
        Because that's the whole point of a code review, to read the code and see if there is anything wrong with it. Not to patch it up.
        Also, why he should anyway? Since he's an XFS developer, I guess he's answer is to just use XFS.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spittie View Post
          Because that's the whole point of a code review, to read the code and see if there is anything wrong with it. Not to patch it up.
          Also, why he should anyway? Since he's an XFS developer, I guess he's answer is to just use XFS.
          Or Btrfs given how he said Tux3 takes largely same design decisions as Btrfs but is years behind.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Spittie View Post
            Because that's the whole point of a code review, to read the code and see if there is anything wrong with it. Not to patch it up.
            Also, why he should anyway? Since he's an XFS developer, I guess he's answer is to just use XFS.
            Typo, not "he's answer", but "hease answer".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              Typo, not "he's answer", but "hease answer".
              I'm sure you mean "his answer".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                I'm sure you mean "his answer".
                No, it's "hease", as in mine, yours, hease, ours, etc

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  No, it's "hease", as in mine, yours, hease, ours, etc
                  hease is not a word.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spittie View Post
                    Because that's the whole point of a code review,
                    Dave began, "I had a quick look at the code. This is not a code review
                    .....

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X