Firefox 28.0 Delivers VP9 Video Decoding, Opus In WebM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pseus View Post
    Firefox and Chromium user here. I can't recall the last time Firefox crashed on me, so I guess that makes it quite stable (for me). I also find it to consistently consume less RAM than Chromium. Firefox 27 seems as fast as Chromium (I have a low speed connection, though).
    For me Firefox keeps crashing ever since the 25 update. But not in safe mode and there's nothing in the distro bug tracker about it, so I think that's some extension causing this...

Comment

I've been noticing freezes in Firefox when I'm accessing imgur. I run v27. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
        I've been noticing freezes in Firefox when I'm accessing imgur. I run v27. Has anyone had a similar issue?
        could be imgur itself as that website is always dying due to too little bandwidth and pages not displaying. There are just so many reddit users using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
          I can crash Chrome, Epiphany, Firefox and any other browser on Debian Linux. Even with 32 GB RAM I can bring them all to their knees. The easiest is using Flash. Another one is just surfing piss poorly written web sites like The HuffingtonPost, itself used to test against WebKit for being such a pig on resources.

Isn't "click to play" default now for flash on firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
            Isn't "click to play" default now for flash on firefox?
            No, that is only for non-Flash plugins like Java or Silverlight. Flash still plays automatically, if installed, by default.

Comment

I would like to see support for input type=date|datetime|time|number.

Also looking forward to the upcoming GTK3 and Wayland support.

It's pretty shitty that Firefox view-source doesn't do line numbering and syntax highlighting for JavaScript, JSON and CSS files.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                I would like to see support for input type=date|datetime|time|number.

Also looking forward to the upcoming GTK3 and Wayland support.

It's pretty shitty that Firefox view-source doesn't do line numbering and syntax highlighting for JavaScript, JSON and CSS files.
                Doesn't Firefox need XEmbedd for plugins like Flash? I don't know how can that be ported to Wayland (I can only think of a nested X and Firefox acting as a sub-compositor)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Firebug to the rescue. Firefox is a browser, not an IDE. Development tools can be added as extensions, and Firebug provides pretty much all you need.
                  Last edited by tuubi; 18 March 2014, 06:26 AM. Reason: made my point a bit clearer

Comment

Firefox user here. I still have some problems with Firefox : On my 32bits (old) mini netbook, I think there's a memory leak : memory usage keep increasing, until the system is unusable. I have to call OOM_Kill manually (it even happens on safe mode, so it's not an extension problem). On my desktop, it always crashes the first time I enter the master password. I need to relaunch it and re-enter the password to use it.

So, in my opinion, Firefox is not as stable as it could be. But this come a a price to pay for a lot of really useful functionalities. And I am waiting the new multi threaded engine to see the performance gains it can bring. I also had a lot more issue with others browsers (Konqueror, Chromium, Opera...), even if I didn't try Cromium in a long time.

Comment

Firefox is getting better but it still chokes with websites after being up for two hours or more. Use a site like OKCupid for a bit with multiple tabs, leave it open for some time, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                      X