Wine 1.7.14 Arrives With More Task Scheduler Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    all those tittles except maybe TITANFALL (i played the BETA and i liked it but i have serious doubts about final game.
    I was a little worried at first -- I played the Beta on Windows, but didn't get a chance to test it in Wine -- but it turns out that Titanfall does not require DX10/11. Requirements that have been posted say that DX9 is an option, which makes sense as it's a Source game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      I would like to see more benchmarks of Wine itself. It's a popular topic within Linux.

Specifically with open source drivers and a verity of hardware.

Nvidia Driver's are always going to produce great results within Wine, but lets see what happens with some open source drivers.
      This is correct, i suggest @michael for wine testing on amd, intel, nvidia with opensource and closed drivers and on various resolutions (as he show lastest test with uniengine, interesting test) because many gamers using lower resolutions than 1080p

This is correct too, nvidia privative drivers on wine is very impresive on compatibility and performance than amd and this i can observe from many test done on my blog since 2009

And since final 2013 from my channel

En este canal encontraran principalmente: *Resultados de juegos de windows probados en el wine Generalmente en todas las listas de reproduccion hay videos distintos y si se llegasen a presentar videos repetidos puede ser por que hubo un cambio en el hardware de pruebas o por algun cambio importante en el wine que afecte algun titulo en especifico Para mas informacion pueden consultar mi blog http://gamesonwine.blogspot.com O en el foro de CHW http://www.chw.net/foro/gnu-linux-y-otros-sistemas-operativos/247392-juegos-windows-probados-wine.htm *Algunos videos de assasins creed brotherhood y revelaciones en multiplayer sobre windows

Respect this wine, i finish up another videos this is FarCry 3 on Wine 1.7.12 + nvidia 334.16

amd on compatibility on wine maybe can chance with opensource (but opensource with similar performance than amd catalyst can take time, 1 or 2 years on my opinion, and from there go nvidia privative performance maybe can take another 1 or 2 years minimum on my opinion )
      Last edited by pinguinpc; 08 March 2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

i worng upper video, upper video is wine 1.7.14 with 334.21

and this is farcry 3 with on wine 1.7.12 with nvidia 334.16

this 5 minutes limit for edit is a pain on ass
        Last edited by pinguinpc; 08 March 2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
          I was a little worried at first -- I played the Beta on Windows, but didn't get a chance to test it in Wine -- but it turns out that Titanfall does not require DX10/11. Requirements that have been posted say that DX9 is an option, which makes sense as it's a Source game.
          Should run well then if it's a Source game, as other Source games run close to Linux native performance with CSMT under Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            I would like to see more benchmarks of Wine itself. It's a popular topic within Linux. Specifically with open source drivers and a verity of hardware. Nvidia Driver's are always going to produce great results within Wine, but lets see what happens with some open source drivers.
            FOSS AMD drivers work well with Wine, although they are still hampered a decent amount on the GPU side. You can use CSMT and you'll get impressive gains with those drivers, as with the nvidia binary drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              FOSS AMD drivers work well with Wine, although they are still hampered a decent amount on the GPU side.

You can use CSMT and you'll get impressive gains with those drivers, as with the nvidia binary drivers.
              AMD opensource drivers in future (2 years minimum for have nvidia compatibilty on my opinion and after this must be follow performance another 1.5 to 2 years on my opinion) can change for compatibility and performance but now dont have compatibility and performance than nvidia propietary drivers still using csmt

And lastest nvidia propietary driver up performance in various games as dead rising 2, farcry 3, shadow warrior 2013, and maybe others

Before 334.21

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

With 334.21

For this reasons if you want performance and compatibility (big library game working) now, your only option is nvidia with propietary drivers, amd can better in future but not now

Another thing csmt results depend game if you want more, you can consult my blog since 2009:

Or my youtube channel , now have more 700 videos

En este canal encontraran principalmente: *Resultados de juegos de windows probados en el wine Generalmente en todas las listas de reproduccion hay videos distintos y si se llegasen a presentar videos repetidos puede ser por que hubo un cambio en el hardware de pruebas o por algun cambio importante en el wine que afecte algun titulo en especifico Para mas informacion pueden consultar mi blog http://gamesonwine.blogspot.com O en el foro de CHW http://www.chw.net/foro/gnu-linux-y-otros-sistemas-operativos/247392-juegos-windows-probados-wine.htm *Algunos videos de assasins creed brotherhood y revelaciones en multiplayer sobre windows
              Last edited by pinguinpc; 08 March 2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

@pinguinpc:

performance with wine + nvidia-drivers is great

unfortunately there's e.g. issues with Rayman Origins with textures becoming invisible (first they're there but almost instantly after loading & appearing they disappear),
                for example twines which can hurt you and above which you need to float/fly can't be seen, then flames in later levels (reported on wineHQ)

not sure why this happens

will try this out with the newer 334.21 driver + latest wine hopefully this improves things, with the previous version not much luck

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                  @pinguinpc:

performance with wine + nvidia-drivers is great

unfortunately there's e.g. issues with Rayman Origins with textures becoming invisible (first they're there but almost instantly after loading & appearing they disappear),
                  for example twines which can hurt you and above which you need to float/fly can't be seen, then flames in later levels (reported on wineHQ)

not sure why this happens

will try this out with the newer 334.21 driver + latest wine hopefully this improves things, with the previous version not much luck
                  This is true, bugs always still present

For example on old wine, i can play alan wake but on lastest version if you use lantern all game graphics is corrupted, or MPEG lack support (Blood rayne 1-2, Resident Evil 4, Chaos Legion and nothers)

Input correctly support, on many games is needed using on windowed mode for prevent 360 degrees mouse movement error (Batman Arkham Asylum, Frontlines Fuel at War, FarCry 3, F.E.A.R 3 and others)

Dinput8 correct support, this problem affect some games (MotoGP 1-3 and maybe others )

And other things in various games

Respect 334.21 on my case fps performance up in various games

Comment

almost forget, recently crysis 1 work on wine vanilla but need save game and most curious error is this

one on game if you dont touch any key or dont move mouse gamework about 1 or 3 minutes max on my case, after this game crash , this game maybe run in anything moment

i still testing for solve this problems and upper problems described

Comment

Working...
                    X