Systemd Gets A Stable Release Repository, Backports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gens View Post
    and yet you and teho went on just saying "wrong, wrong, wrong" with giving links to peoples opinions (not to technical documetations)
    I have made only three (1,2,3) posts to you, none of which fit that description. Your replies where amazingly informative though:

Originally posted by gens
    linuxcounter.net, currently down so no direct link
    troll
    troll
    out of context or link troll
    same as above
    it is forced, troll
    PS Teho went on troll bashing me
    and yet you and teho went on just saying "wrong, wrong, wrong" with giving links to peoples opinions (not to technical documetations)
    Sources: 1,2,3

Originally posted by gens
    if you say anything technical, you will only get quotes from systemd people as nobody else seems to understand what makes systemd different from all the other init systems
    Do you have any idea how utterly ridiculous this sounds after reading your replies to the comments made by other people, including me?

Comment

Originally posted by Akka View Post
      A way to compare different distributions is Google trends. If we compare "arch linux" with "slackware linux" arch wins with broad margin. Arch linux passed slackware linux around 2005. https://www.google.se/trends/explore...rch%20linux%22

But as we only get stats of the searchterms in google and not real usage even this have problems. Also formulate the terms is problematic. I wrote "<distro> linux" to remove all arch hits unrelated to the distro. But this is probably not fair as Arch probably more often is written with linux after.
      same problem as distrowatch in that it measures how much people talk about it

even better since newbies are more likely to google something with the name of their distro, like "broadcom wireless distro"

thing is when you take a step back all distros are the same, linux
      only diff's are like package manager and... defaults i guess (smaller distros also tend to have special GUI programs for things)
      debian and slackware tend to strive to be the closest to upstream, patching only security things and a couple details
      so being a slackware user i tend to append "linux" to weird problems i don't know much about yet (funny, i get arch documentation more then others)

PS with linux gaining popularity the newbie friendlier distros will get more users, so mint should rise
      slackware, for example, is not hard despite what people say, but it is not that newbie friendly either (even thou all slackers are happy to answer newbie question, even about the well documented install)
      Last edited by gens; 03 March 2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
        Do you have any idea how utterly ridiculous this sounds after reading your replies to the comments made by other people, including me?
        yes, to you and gusar to be precise
        thinking about it, i should have ignored you both
        it only damaged my and your image

i should start using the built in ignore function
        damn me for not liking to ignore others, i will learn to some day

Comment

debian and slackware tend to strive to be the closest to upstream, patching only security things and a couple details
          I can only hope this was a joke. Slackware, yes, but Debian is one of the more liberal patchers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
            I can only hope this was a joke. Slackware, yes, but Debian is one of the more liberal patchers out there.
            hmmm
            thinking about it i remember a lot of problems by patches in debian (like the openssl scandal, that was big)
            my bad

so slackware and... gentoo ?
            arch ?

Comment

Yeah, Slackware and Arch are probably the least likely to patch. Gentoo is a bit more liberal with patches, but not a lot.

Comment

it only damaged my and your image
                I fail to see how you being incapable to respond to my criticism would in anyway damage my image.

damn me for not liking to ignore others, i will learn to some day
                What you really should learn is critical thinking (learn to challenge your preconceptions) and better argumentation skills (not accepting criticism and calling everyone trolls does nothing to futher your case). I mean sure, you can act like an idiot but don't expect anyone to take you seriously, they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
                  I fail to see how you being incapable to respond to my criticism would in anyway damage my image.

What you really should learn is critical thinking (learn to challenge your preconceptions) and better argumentation skills (not accepting criticism and calling everyone trolls does nothing to futher your case). I mean sure, you can act like an idiot but don't expect anyone to take you seriously, they don't.
                  And also, writing with sentences in paragraphs would help.

Comment

Well I just wasted 5 minutes of my life finding the part where Gens started calling someone else who had sources a troll, without having any sources himself. After that all logic disappeared and simply left me confused.

Comment

Working...
                    X