Systemd 210 Already Has Many Changes Piled Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    I really like SystemD on how you enable and disable processes but I feel the JournalCtl is lacking, or not dishing up. I feel fault finding is more difficult on SystemD setups than other mechanisms. These comments may not be founded but that's the impression I'm getting without proper research.
    I don't know if this would be considered "proper research" but Lennart has some useful examples on his blog.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
      So from my POV it's a bit surprising that Canonical maintains it. The only reasonable explenation for it is that Novel doesn't thread it as important and they don't really care about it's support.
      CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Most of the AppArmor developers left SUSE back in 2007. One or two of them were hired by Canonical soon after and it was merged upstream after that. SELinux is used by Fedora/RHEL and Android by default. AppArmor is used by SUSE and Ubuntu. SMACK is used in some mobile platforms including Tizen.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
        So from my POV it's a bit surprising that Canonical maintains it. The only reasonable explenation for it is that Novel doesn't thread it as important and they don't really care about it's support.
        novell is out.
        Now that Attachmate has finished up its acquisition of Novell, the private equity-backed conglomerate of midrange software companies has set about breaking the company into two different halves. For those of you who run SUSE Linux on your iSeries, System i, or Power Systems logical partitions, SUSE is now a separate division of Attachmate, much

attachemate owns SUSE /openSUSE since 2011

Comment

Working...
        X