Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 210 Already Has Many Changes Piled Up

Phoronix: Systemd 210 Already Has Many Changes Piled Up

It looks like the next release of systemd is already imminent after the major systemd 209 update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Systemd 210 Already Has Many Changes Piled Up
    That?s why many of those Debian clowns are against it: systemd, unlike Debian, has not a glacial development speed!

Comment

The AppArmor addition. Is that a Canonical thing? Would be cool.

Comment

SI prefixes for throughput? I always have SI prefixes for everything. The IEC prefixes are largely pointless in this day and age (the only place they still make sense is for RAM amounts). And at that they should be written with "i", instead of "32K" have "32Ki" if you want to mean multiples of 1024.

Comment

And just to make it hard for the trolls to pretend they've got facts on their side:

- systemd-networkd is no longer statically enabled, but uses the usual [Install] sections so that it can be enabled/disabled using systemctl. It still is enabled by default however.
          In other words: behaves exactly like any other service, but still enabled by default unless a distro changes it during packaging.
          Last edited by psychoticmeow; 24 February 2014, 06:00 PM. Reason: NFI why I quoted GreatEmerald

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
            The AppArmor addition. Is that a Canonical thing? Would be cool.
            AppArmor is not really a Canonical thing. It was developed by Immunix/Novel and integrated into a OpenSuSE/SLES. But they migrated to SELinux AFAIK, so Canonical maintains AppArmor.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
              AppArmor is not really a Canonical thing. It was developed by Immunix/Novel and integrated into a OpenSuSE/SLES. But they migrated to SELinux AFAIK, so Canonical maintains AppArmor.
              OpenSUSE still uses apparmor, as do Mageia and friends. It is by far the most popular MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                OpenSUSE still uses apparmor,
                So from my POV it's a bit surprising that Canonical maintains it. The only reasonable explenation for it is that Novel doesn't thread it as important and they don't really care about it's support.

Comment

I really like SystemD on how you enable and disable processes but I feel the JournalCtl is lacking, or not dishing up. I feel fault finding is more difficult on SystemD setups than other mechanisms. These comments may not be founded but that's the impression I'm getting without proper research.

Comment

MSEC

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                    OpenSUSE still uses apparmor, as do Mageia and friends.
                    Magiea uses MSEC which was developed by Mandriva a few years ago. AppArmor is not even in the Mageia repositories.

Comment

Working...
                    X