Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
    There are newish chips with no vt
    Intel does it with some of their chips, some low end chips as well as some high end chips ship without VT
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
      kvm without Vt does not exists, libvirtd sets it to qemu fallback in that case. it also spells that qemu is not what you're interested in either.

just checking one thing since more or less all hw comes with Vt long time now. did you check if option is not just disabled in BIOS (which is default setting in 99%) or is that machine really so old?
      It's really old (7 years?). The CPU does not support it. It was my first rig, so I missed that. This time, I'm also more closely looking at VT-x. But information about that is really unreliable.

The mobo was an A8N-E and a Athlon 64 3200+ CPU. At one point, the BIOS beep was gone .

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Intel does it with some of their chips, some low end chips as well as some high end chips ship without VT
        The high-end K model chips only lack VT-d(aka IOMMU), but they still have VT-x available.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
          The high-end K model chips only lack VT-d(aka IOMMU), but they still have VT-x available.
          Isn't VT-x IOMMU. Other than that, I agree. Every chip has VT-d. Unlocked chips don't have VT-x for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
            Isn't VT-x IOMMU. Other than that, I agree. Every chip has VT-d. Unlocked chips don't have VT-x for some odd reason.
            Nope, it's the other way around https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_VT

Comment

Working...
            X