Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.14-rc2 Kernel Brings Fair Amount Of Fixes

Phoronix: Linux 3.14-rc2 Kernel Brings Fair Amount Of Fixes

When releasing -rc2 kernels, Linus Torvalds is sometimes unhappy with the amount of code changes that happened, but this Sunday evening he seems okay with Linux 3.14-rc2 as it's been a fairly normal week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Release Candidate 2, hm? How much longer until we see Linux 3.14 released?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
      Release Candidate 2, hm? How much longer until we see Linux 3.14 released?
      6-7 weeks.

Comment

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced performance issues with 3.14? I can't really provide low-level information at this point, but the system feels unresponsive and stalling with funny disk activity going on. With RC2 the situation is a bit better: if I don't start X, the system seems to behave fine. If I start X however, the HDD led goes on and never goes off again. I get X's clock icon for a very long time, and I have to go back to a console screen and reboot into 3.13 from there.

Just curious if anyone has come accross this behaviour with 3.14. I'm running gentoo amd64, on an Ivy Bridge platform (Dell Optiplex 7010), and all my filesystems are btrfs.

Comment

Working...
        X