KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    kdbus is not tied systemd. But all the kdbus hate is tied to systemd. Because Newton's fourth law tells that any piece of Lennart-ware must be questioned by the never-dids. What happens in real life is that Lennart has his Lennart-ware ready for kdbus when Linux gets kdbus-enabled. Maybe Canonical might have some wacko-hack ready as well, but that will be highly questionable and Newton's fifth law tells Canonical will screw up while Mark praises it as Highly Testable Elegance in the Cloud.

Hating kdbus will be hating a part of Linux. Good luck with that.
    Noooo the kdbus hate is because "Linux Development is a Fucking Popularity Contest!!!!" And if you piss the cool kids of then your
    left playing in the sandbox by your self.

Secondly some developers only know how to do one thing, so they will do it to death with each iteration more complicated and bloated than the last.

Third Red Hat controls large portions of Linux and the NSA has them in there pocket. If you want to learn a little something about security and exploits
    find your self a crypto expert and ask them why overly complicated code is bad, and how easy it is to "accidentally" lol expose an off by one bug/exploit/back door.

Comment

Originally posted by phred14 View Post
      This is one thing I'd like to understand, and get confirmation on. Is use of kdbus tied to systemd? In other words, can kdbus only be used on systemd systems? I see the message, "The userspace side is developed in systemd", but suspect/hope that that's simply the first implementation.
      Just to get to the point, and avoid the extraneous arguments... Yes, if someone else wants to come in and develop an alternative user-space side to things they are more than welcome to. But so far the only one is systemd
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
        Nobody wants to play with the weird kid. The same goes for kernel developers. Greg happens to get work done instead of posting s... about NSA. You might as well brace your self, kdbus is coming.
        Bahhh if I can build an all BSD Linux system with the only GPL component being the Kernel, I can give kdbus the boot also. Sooo yahh somethings coming.

Comment

Originally posted by zester View Post
          I have been a contributing member to KDE for as long as it has publicly existed.
          Do you have any actual proof that you have done any major KDE developement? I couldn't find anything notable by searching by your nick/real name.

Large portions of Qt5 and Kde4 came from research and development I did.
          Proof?

What exatly is that supposed to show? There's nothing but some crappy artwork.

Ive even counted how many linux applications use it in regards to ZeroMQ IPC/INPROC related work on Github and Bitbucket.
          So what notable projects use it?

I have all kinds of pics and charts, .... but the forums are fucking with me and not letting me post any images.
          Maybe you should then host them elsewhere? You are not exactly making a convincing point.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
            Do you have any actual proof that you have done any major KDE developement? I couldn't find anything notable by searching by your nick/real name.
            I doubt you are going to find anything much despite the grandiose claims. A bit of searching returned the name as Steven Starr and this post which seems to explain what is going on.

Comment

Proof?
              Who are you and what have you done for our community.

What were you referring to with this statement. We have quote tags but you didn't use them.

Yes notable projects that used D-Bus. As I said D-Bus sucks that means, I know this because I've used D-Bus for a long time and extensively "as in
              as long as its been used in Qt and Kde. How about you?

Maybe you should then host them elsewhere? You are not exactly making a convincing point.
              Host them elsewhere? Once again we have quote tags please use them.

Comment

Who are you and what have you done for our community.

What were you referring to with this statement. We have quote tags but you didn't use them.

Yes notable projects that used D-Bus. As I said D-Bus sucks that means, I know this because I've used D-Bus for a long time and extensively "as in
                as long as its been used in Qt and Kde. How about you?

Host them elsewhere? Once again we have quote tags please use them.
                ....He DID use quote tags in all of those o.O
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Dam I fucked up my last post here let me try this again.

ok here I go

PROOF!!!!!!! First off Whats your first and last name, and do you have any screenshot of your projects that you can share with the forum?????
                  I provided both. So its your turn if you want to ask me any questions.

Proof?
                  See above please.

Your an idiot!!!!!

Buddy D-Bus sucks just get over it already.

Fuck off, go host your self other-wheres.
                  Last edited by zester; 28 December 2013, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                    ....He DID use quote tags in all of those o.O
                    I know, Im drunk posting. Its fun. I messed my response all up. See above.

Comment

I hate how Linux Distros are currently developed.

The LFHS, it just sucks I hate it. Sooo many fucking directory's. We don't even need half of them. Ive been working on
                      the CFHS "Custom Filesystem Hierarchy Standard)

After I stopped working on Kde and Qt, I started using the "Nvidia Path Rendering Extension" for Path Rendered Vector Graphics a
                      "Linear Incremental Constraint Solver" for Layouts, and Poco C++ for thing like Signal/Slots, Events and Notifications, ....

Hardware Accelerated Vector UI's running at 600+FPS and Fluid Layouts!!!! Whooot, I am never going back!!!!

Cant WAIT until my new ........

Hydra Architecture

The Hydra Architecture is a complete uniformed Hybrid C, C++ and Lua Hardware, Software & Operating System Development Framework,
                      a modular all in one solution to building "System, Desktop, Web, Multimedia Applications, and Game's."

We in-vision an ecosystem where "Open Source" and "Proprietary" software work's together, in an effort to build the best possible platform for current and future generation's of users.

Comment

Working...
                      X