KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Zester... You're actually managing to piss ME off just from READING this conversation, and that doesn't happen often. Development of projects move on from their originals, Greg isn't the main developer anymore-- if he's even a developer on it at all. And you still have yet to say WHO or give reference TO who was this so called "Student Developer" that started KDBUS. So either start providing sources or shutup and stop trolling
    My mistake it was kbus that was a student project. I misread a topic posted by Greg. But the rest stands and I am not a Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by zester View Post
      Anyways I could demonstrate what experience I have with software development and ipc in general you would be impressed and my hands would hurt from all the copying/pasting, in the end it would all be pointless as the debate would just go back and fourth for days on end.

It's clear you have some form of invested interest into kdbus, that's fine. Regardless I maintain my own kernel tree.
      I have a vested interest in getting the truth. Not in kdbus. It won't take you more than a few minutes to name the student or demonstrate that you have any kind of experience at all. Your failure to do so while trying to change the subject is enough evidence for everyone here

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        I have a vested interest in getting the truth. Not in kdbus. It won't take you more than a few minutes to name the student or demonstrate that you have any kind of experience at all. Your failure to do so while trying to change the subject is enough evidence for everyone here
        I already said ....

My mistake it was kbus that was a student project. I misread a topic posted by Greg. But the rest stands and I am not a Troll.
        Do you want reference to my experience in regards to software development on Linux. And why I am throwing a fit?

Comment

Rest off what? Show us the evidence that dbus is the least used ipc or zeromq has comparable usage. Nothing you claim has any evidence

Comment

Least you can admit a wrong point, better than some of these boards...
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I have been an active member of the opensource community since 1997.

I have held a position as an editor for sites like..
              KDE-Look.org
              KDE-Apps.org
              KDE-Files.org
              Qt-Apps.org
              Qt-Prop.org
              MeeGo-Central.org
              Maemo-Apps.org
              Since 2004.

I have been a contributing member to KDE for as long as it has publicly existed.

If you use Linux, FreeBSD, Qt and KDE you have at one time or another ran into me or a snippet of my code I?m the guy who spoon fed you as a newbie lol

My Profile

Up until about 2 years ago I was one of the longest standing Qt/Kde developer. Large portions of Qt5 and Kde4 came from research and development I did.

So not only do I just 'Know" about D-Bus sucking and its usage, Ive even counted how many linux applications use it in regards to ZeroMQ IPC/INPROC related work on Github and Bitbucket.

I have all kinds of pics and charts, .... but the forums are fucking with me and not letting me post any images.

Comment

This QML Desktop environment, was the first to ever exist, it pre-dates Unity and Kde's work by a few years and it made extremely heavy use of D-Bus.

Whoot the forum let me post an image!!!!

Comment

This was the Last Qt project I worked on before quitting the foundation. It made heavy use of D-Bus also. This was a 3D Texture Painting Application via Shader it used D-Bus to pass its rendering buffer to a third-party render.

I never completed this application unfortunately.

Comment

As far as I know this was the only Qt Desktop Environment with its own Window Manager and Compositor other than Kde to be completely done in Qt. As you can imagen it also used D-Bus extensively.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                      It really pains me to see that more and more Linux interfaces are available only under systemd, this refactoring of interfaces will make porting to non-Linux platforms almost impossible in the near future.
                      This is one thing I'd like to understand, and get confirmation on. Is use of kdbus tied to systemd? In other words, can kdbus only be used on systemd systems? I see the message, "The userspace side is developed in systemd", but suspect/hope that that's simply the first implementation.

Comment

Working...
                      X