Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Fusion 6.0.0 Linux Virtualization Benchmarks

Phoronix: VMware Fusion 6.0.0 Linux Virtualization Benchmarks

Are you curious about the performance of the recent release of VMware Fusion 6.0? Here's some early tests though more are on the way...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone know why Fusion Professional costs less ($129.99) than Workstation ($249.00)? Also, Fusion Professional includes a commercial license to run Player on any computer while Workstation doesn't despite Workstation costing more.

Anyway, I'd like to see Workstation performance benchmarks on a Linux host.

Comment

Michael, do you have a Parallels license as well? A friend of mine does most of his work in CentOS and Ubuntu in VMs on an older MacBook Pro, and swears by Parallels. I would love to see hard benchmarks comparing that to VMware's offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
        Michael, do you have a Parallels license as well? A friend of mine does most of his work in CentOS and Ubuntu in VMs on an older MacBook Pro, and swears by Parallels. I would love to see hard benchmarks comparing that to VMware's offerings.
        No I don't, unfortunately, and not sure what their pricing is these days.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          No I don't, unfortunately, and not sure what their pricing is these days.
          I recall my friend saying he paid somewhere around $50, this being about nine months ago I think. He might have been taking advantage of a special offer, though.

Comment

Working...
          X