Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prodigy_
    replied
    Yeah, because python is a functional language.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Interfaces

Python still doesn't have;
    * public/private/protected access modifiers.
    * Class interfaces, abstract classes, etc

Python is great for small scripts, but I am not sure if its any good for big projects with services, repositories and multiple backends and pluggable modules.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    Umph. Hope it is at least keeping compatibility. I mean, new features and fixes are a good thing but in the past Python didn't seem to be too compatible among versions. Which sucks since quite a bunch of things rely on it (and not only on Gentoo).
    Python kept backwards-compatibility up through 2.7. 3.0-3.3 had some breaks, but I think the 3.x releases have been backwards-compatible since 3.3.

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    Umph. Hope it is at least keeping compatibility. I mean, new features and fixes are a good thing but in the past Python didn't seem to be too compatible among versions. Which sucks since quite a bunch of things rely on it (and not only on Gentoo).

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Python 3.4 Steps Closer With New Features

Python 3.4 Steps Closer With New Features

Phoronix: Python 3.4 Steps Closer With New Features

The second alpha release of Python 3.4 is now available and with it comes a range of improvements over Python 3.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X