• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Python 3.4 Steps Closer With New Features

Python 3.4 Steps Closer With New Features

Phoronix: Python 3.4 Steps Closer With New Features

The second alpha release of Python 3.4 is now available and with it comes a range of improvements over Python 3.3...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1NzY

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by Akka View Post
    So what do you think about lisp/scheme?
    I don't have enough experience in it to say one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• Akka
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    I don't use it, and am happy without? I just had to intervene when someone claimed python gives the ultimate freedom, when it clearly doesn't.
    So what do you think about lisp/scheme?

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Either way, you're supposed to use four space indention as per PEP-8.
    That's complete crap, you're not "supposed" to do it. You only do it if the pros outweigh the cons in any one particular context. If you you're "supposed" to do it, it would be forced -- it's not.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I write indentation how I like it. Python would force me to use a _specific_ type of indentation, which I find horribly ugly. So yes, it would force me to do something I would not otherwise do.
    Either way, you're supposed to use four space indention as per PEP-8.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by kigurai View Post
    The don't use Python. SImple as that. The rest of us will continue writing nicely indented Python code anyway
    I don't use it, and am happy without? I just had to intervene when someone claimed python gives the ultimate freedom, when it clearly doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    I write indentation how I like it. Python would force me to use a _specific_ type of indentation, which I find horribly ugly. So yes, it would force me to do something I would not otherwise do.
    What "specific" type of indentation would that be? Python doesn't care what sort of indentation you use, all that matters is that a single code block has consistent indentation.

Leave a comment:

• kigurai
    replied
    The don't use Python. SImple as that. The rest of us will continue writing nicely indented Python code anyway

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by alcalde View Post
    Your list probably ends there too, but... there is no "forced indentation". Indentation is a requirement to make code readable. Are you suggesting you code without any indentation? No one who writes code with the intention of anyone (including themselves) looking at it again indents code. So what's the problem? You're not being forced to do something you were going to do anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Vax456
    replied
    On another note, langages forcing you to do something in a particular way is not necessarily bad. To make something better, sometimes it's better to start taking things away, rather than adding more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X