Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.11 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 3.11 Kernel Released

For those not paying attention, Linus Torvalds has done a Labor Day release of the Linux 3.11 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Anaphoras

Wow, speaking of anaphoras .

For those not paying attention,
      For those not paying attention,

Comment

For those who forgot English; *Labour
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          For those who forgot English; *Labour
          No. It is an American holiday, so the American spelling (labor) is correct. Language evolves, get over it.

Comment

Aaaaaaand it's packaged and ready to go in Arch testing. Wow, that was quick.

Comment

the only thing that interests me in this release is the addition of driver support for the Intel's and Atheros' 80211ac hardware.

Ralink / Mediatek's 80211ac driver source is released out-of-tree on their official website, so no biggie.

That just leaves Realtek's RTL8812AU (usb) and RTL8812AE (mpcie) still lacking Linux drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by sandain View Post
                No. It is an American holiday, so the American spelling (labor) is correct. Language evolves, get over it.
                A little bit ethnocentric. I'm Canadian, and I just celebrated Labour Day.

Comment

yalouw merica http://themetapicture.com/americas-official-language/

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
                    A little bit ethnocentric. I'm Canadian, and I just celebrated Labour Day.
                    No more ethnocentric than calling it Labour Day, though.

And since both Linus Torvalds and Phoronix are based out of the US, that seems like the obvious holiday they would be referring to. The fact that Canada picked the same date for their holiday is somewhat besides the point.

Comment

Working...
                    X