Ubuntu Is Close To Recommending 64-Bit By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vk512 View Post
    Thermal design is one thing, actual consumption (per watt efficiency) is another story. You don't read this on the CPU box, it needs testing. Now I guess Pentium III machines somehow died a while ago and PIV certainly died earlier from global warming. I am currently using an Athlon from 2005 (3200+) at 67w and Core 2 are good too with Xubuntu. As I said 90% of the people not playing mind-numbing games could be perfectly happy with such a smooth, if old, config.
    Somehow died? Anyone who was aware of tech at the time knows exactly why they died. It's called the cheap chinese capacitors that flooded the market around that timeframe which were based off an incomplete design sold to them by a turncoat japanese individual.

This as a result eventually ended up killing almost all motherboards that were produced at the time thus putting that generation into the grave.
    Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 03 September 2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
      Somehow died? Anyone who was aware of tech at the time knows exactly why they died. It's called the cheap chinese capacitors that flooded the market around that timeframe which were based off an incomplete design sold to them by a turncoat japanese individual.

This as a result eventually ended up killing almost all motherboards that were produced at the time thus putting that generation into the grave.
      Oh yeah, I remember those events specifically. Then afterwards you couldn't buy a board that didnt have "100% JAPANESE CAPACITORS" plastered all over the box. That became a huge selling point for years until everyone forgot.

Comment

Working...
      X