QEMU 1.6 Brings A Whole Lot Of Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    I have a GTX 660 (that I'd like to try and give to the guest) and an integrated HDG 2500 (for the host). I tried both methods, and they give the same result: no signal when connecting the monitor to the GTX 660.
    Could you verify if your GPU has FLR?
    Motherboard EFI still might be an issue since you didnt mentioned if you can se GPU in Windows. Can you pass chipset SATA drives?

Which motherboard do you have?
    Last edited by Ramiliez; 16 August 2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
      Could you verify if your GPU has FLR?
      Motherboard EFI still might be an issue since you didnt mentioned if you can se GPU in Windows. Can you pass chipset SATA drives?

Which motherboard do you have?
      What's FLR, again? The motherboard does support VT-d all all that, and in VirtualBox I managed to pass through the thing to the point where Windows saw it, but since it has no support for VGA passthrough, it showed it as not being able to start there. The motherboard is a MSI B75A-G43, with the latest UEFI.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        There isn't any x86 image for Android 4.3 yet. Latest is for 4.2.2.
        I've tried the x86 Android image, and its slow as hell, just as slow if not slower than the ARM version.
        I also enabled Intel haXe to speed up emulation, but it doesn't help, its just as slow as ever.
        That's odd. I remember trying an x86 image for 4.x around January and it was blazing fast. It ran at full speed. Are you positive KVM is enabled in the Android emulator?

Comment

What's FLR, again? The motherboard does support VT-d all all that, and in VirtualBox I managed to pass through the thing to the point where Windows saw it, but since it has no support for VGA passthrough, it showed it as not being able to start there. The motherboard is a MSI B75A-G43, with the latest UEFI.
          Thanks for info

FLR is:
          I'm working on a virtualization project and found that for VGA Passthru to work properly in a Xen guest I have to use a graphics adapter that conforms to the Function-level reset portion of the PCIe spec. I'm having a hard time tracking the info down on current Gen cards as most spec sheets list...

Comment

Oh, right, that thing. It's not an issue for me at the moment, because for it to become an issue, you first need to actually start up the virtual machine, and I can't do that since it gives me no signal...

Comment

Oh, right, that thing. It's not an issue for me at the moment, because for it to become an issue, you first need to actually start up the virtual machine, and I can't do that since it gives me no signal...
              with xen i don't get signal for a minute or two, and then it comes on. but i'm using the vnc monitor thingy, with secondary video card of radeon 7850. then in windows i have the vnc monitor disabled.

Comment

Well in fact i was mostly interested whether GTX660 supports FLR

lspci -vv

Comment

Well in fact i was mostly interested whether GTX660 supports FLR

lspci -vv
                  Well:
                  Code:
                  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 11c0 (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
                          Subsystem: CardExpert Technology Device 11c0
                          Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
                          Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
                          Latency: 0
                          Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
                          Region 0: Memory at f5000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
                          Region 1: Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
                          Region 3: Memory at e8000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
                          Region 5: I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
                          [virtual] Expansion ROM at f6000000 [disabled] [size=512K]
                          Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 3
                                  Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
                                  Status: D0 NoSoftRst+ PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
                          Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                                  Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
                          Capabilities: [78] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
                                  DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s unlimited, L1 <64us
                                          ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
                                  DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
                                          RlxdOrd+ ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
                                          MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
                                  DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
                                  LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <4us
                                          ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
                                  LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk+
                                          ExtSynch- ClockPM+ AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                                  LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
                                  DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range AB, TimeoutDis+
                                  DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-
                                  LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-, Selectable De-emphasis: -6dB
                                           Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
                                           Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
                                  LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete+, EqualizationPhase1+
                                           EqualizationPhase2+, EqualizationPhase3+, LinkEqualizationRequest+
                          Capabilities: [b4] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
                          Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
                                  Caps:   LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
                                  Arb:    Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
                                  Ctrl:   ArbSelect=Fixed
                                  VC0:    Caps:   PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
                                          Arb:    Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
                                          Ctrl:   Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
                          Capabilities: [128 v1] Power Budgeting <?>
                          Capabilities: [600 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=024 <?>
                          Capabilities: [900 v1] #19
                          Kernel driver in use: nvidia
                  I'm not sure if FLReset- means it's supported or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X