• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lequim
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Wine implements 74% of the Windows API.

Only 2% of d3d11 though.
    Thanks for point that out. Wine now is in a great development speed, and i think that in a few more years, 99% of windows apps will be perfectly emulated. And if the d3d 9 native implementation is a success i would definetely delete windows and stay forever in linux

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    API coverage

Wine implements 74% of the Windows API.

Only 2% of d3d11 though.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    far as i know there is a Patch for it on the wine forums
    OK, thanks. I'll be going through and trying to get that setup tonight I think. I have a gentoo system installed with the latest 1.6 version of wine installed. I have a working version of Eve Online and Star Trek Online. Steam client for Windows is also installed and working where the only Valve title I own is HL2. Which works perfectly. Eve works very good except for some frame drops occurring during the process of going to warp or coming out of warp. Star Trek is got some performance issues, but otherwise plays very well. HL2 performance is damn good.

Other games that I've tried but dont work correctly include Skyrim, Civ V, and Supreme Commander. Skyrim crashes during the game load. Civ V seems to work flawlessly with the exception that the ground textures are missing, they just show up black. Supreme Commander seems to load, I can hear the background music as if the game is running, but it just loads a black screen and clicking around randomly doesnt seem to do anything.

According to the report made these games should all work with these d3d9 patches. I'm very interested to try it out.
    Last edited by duby229; 02 August 2013, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
    If they're not accepting FOSS d3d9 drivers in WINE, then they're pulling a Sun Microsystems. Maybe WINE is being turned into the next MySQL? A fork would also allow for a rebranding.. How much of WINE is from codeweavers vs community contributors?
    They didn't accept the original DX11 code because it was Linux specific and Wine/CodeWeavers has to work on Linux, BSD and Mac. Its not that they just said "No screw you"

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Most important?

What are the most important parts missing in Wine?

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    About gallium d3d9 support. Any current info available for how to get that setup with current releases of wine?
    far as i know there is a Patch for it on the wine forums

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    About gallium d3d9 support. Any current info available for how to get that setup with current releases of wine?

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    No DX11 Support....

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    I think someone may need to calm down a bit.

Leave a comment:

• ethana2
    replied
    If they're not accepting FOSS d3d9 drivers in WINE, then they're pulling a Sun Microsystems. Maybe WINE is being turned into the next MySQL? A fork would also allow for a rebranding.. How much of WINE is from codeweavers vs community contributors?
    Last edited by ethana2; 02 August 2013, 04:53 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X