Wine 1.7.0 Released, Starts Again With The Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    He was referring to the gallium3d d3d9 state tracker and with wine patched appropriately to use it. I havent seen benchmarks yet and I still havent tried it for myself yet, but I'm almost finished with another project so I will be trying it out soon. Even with only a 50% performance gain over wines stock d3d9 it would be worth it.
    Yeah I understood but my point is that it won't bring anywhere near enough performance to make the Gallium3D drivers competitive with NVIDIA/Catalyst. That doesn't mean it couldn't be very useful and bring notable improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
      Yeah I understood but my point is that it won't bring anywhere near enough performance to make the Gallium3D drivers competitive with NVIDIA/Catalyst. That doesn't mean it couldn't be very useful and bring notable improvement.
      With newer r600g drivers than Micheal uses in his reviews r600g is nearer to the performance of Catalyst. On my system right now for example I'm getting way better performance than Micheal is getting. I'd call it anywhere from 65% to 90% of the performance of Catalyst. And on 2d performance I'd call it about 250% the performance of Catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by lequim View Post
        Thanks for point that out. Wine now is in a great development speed, and i think that in a few more years, 99% of windows apps will be perfectly emulated. And if the d3d 9 native implementation is a success i would definetely delete windows and stay forever in linux
        But now classic Win API is expanding slower, and the real stuff happening is the .NET Framework.

Also, with Steam on Linux and the games, Windows is losing relevance.
        Also smartphones and tablets are growing, so Windows is losing relevance.

Comment

Working...
        X