Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple, Google Agree On More SLP Vectorization

Phoronix: Apple, Google Agree On More SLP Vectorization

After making more widespread use of the Loop Vectorizer, developers at Apple in Google are at least agreeing that LLVM's SLP Vectorizer should be more widely-used as well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Chandler is forgetting that's probably harder to read when debugging, that's probably why -O3 and not everywhere. One needs to be able to debug the program, obviously.

Comment

Seriously?

They agree?

Nadev is doing the heavy lifting at Apple. Whether or not Google agrees is irrelevant. Facts bare out and LLVM isn't managed or steered by Google.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
        Chandler is forgetting that's probably harder to read when debugging, that's probably why -O3 and not everywhere. One needs to be able to debug the program, obviously.
        How about -O0 or -O1?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          How about -O0 or -O1?
          I understand "everywhere" as "every optimization flags or no optimization flags". So, everywhere means for debugging you need to know how to read this instruction sets. Maybe it should be -O3 and -O2, for example, but that's hardly "everywhere".

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
            I understand "everywhere" as "every optimization flags or no optimization flags". So, everywhere means for debugging you need to know how to read this instruction sets. Maybe it should be -O3 and -O2, for example, but that's hardly "everywhere".
            Well, since most people use -O2 when building for release, adding it to -O2 would more or less mean "everywhere". I really don't think they would be crazy enough to add this to -O0.

Comment

Working...
            X