Linus Torvalds Calls For More Linux Kernel Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdx
    Fuck this bitch. Take your "professional" manners and shove it up your ass.

I hope you are fired from Intel, you have no place in Linux development. Get out of the LKML before someone actually abuses you. Bitch.

This Sarah Sharp cunt actually managed to stall development because of her bitching. It's her fucking fault things managed to stall, if I were her manager at Intel she would be in the street right now.
    With that attitude, you'd be fired from Intel long before her.

Comment

An image someone shared on IRC (notice the 'deal with it' meme that she didn't pick up on):

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        Funny that. When a male person (eg. bo$$) says stupid shit here on Phoronix, do you ever go tell him "you're making the male gender look bad?" No? Then why, when a female says something you (and me, btw) disagree with, you instantly say she "makes women look bad"?

See, that's your problem right there. You're treating men and women differently, despite claiming that you want them to be treated the same.
        There are two sides to this case. The first one: This person is overreacting to an LKML discussion, is lacking sense of humor and called out Linus for "advocating for physical intimidation and violence? (which was ridiculous seeing the context of the discussion). In that case, it would definitely be fair to think that she made only herself look stupid (as opposed women in general).

There's this other side however, where certain women are strongly profiling themselves as women (instead of just regular people, like most people). These few come up with stuff like what was already quoted but I'm quoting again, and are usually difficult to work with.

Also, don't forget Adria Richards.

In such cases, they are clearly bringing forth the fact that they are women, and that they're striving to advance the opportunities of women. Every time one brings gender to the discussion when the situation doesn't necessitate it (such as when developing software), it does harm. In this case, to women.

(Again, I know most women are perfectly sane, regular people. It's just unfortunate that there's this set of women who appear to be doing their best to make females look bad.)

Comment

Originally posted by synaptix View Post
          An image someone shared on IRC (notice the 'deal with it' meme that she didn't pick up on):

WTF?! How does this image have anything to do with murder? This woman really needs her head checked up!

Yes it actually reminds me about that 'big dongle' incident that shocked the internet months ago... big dongle, haha, who would have thought that have anything to do with sexual harassment except that woman! What a twisted world view must that be!

Which brings to the conclusion: What the hell were they thinking!
          Last edited by FunkyRider; 18 July 2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

There is no need for namecalling, really. They're having a fairly good and mature discussion about dealing with people in management (and in general) on the mailing list and she is not being some sort of "social justice" person or whatever. Go read it.

Comment

You guys know what they say about blondes right?
              No, please enlighten us with stereotypical blond jokes because we couldn't tell how how much of a jerk you were from your last post.......... (can't type enough ...'s for sarcasm there).

Comment

Fuck this bitch. Take your "professional" manners and shove it up your ass.

I hope you are fired from Intel, you have no place in Linux development. Get out of the LKML before someone actually abuses you. Bitch.

This Sarah Sharp cunt actually managed to stall development because of her bitching. It's her fucking fault things managed to stall, if I were her manager at Intel she would be in the street right now.
                People like you are the reason why Linux users have a reputation of being... well, this guy:

Wah wah, girls in school never dated me, wah wah, I'm a nice guy and girls only date jerks, wah wah, now I resent all women because no one wants to have sex with an antisocial, misogynist asshole, wah wah.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  If her gender had nothing to do with it, then we wouldn't be discussing this right now.
                  Oh. Circular reasoning, then.

Just curious, how often do you think Linus cusses people out? Once a year?
                  Why, is someone keeping score? It happens often, and it's in the news all the time. Every tech blog reports every time there's something going on in LKML. Recent examples: Red Hat guy getting chewed out for wanting to add microsoft keysigning bullshit in the kernel, a few guys submitting patches that break userland... all of these have been reported in tech blogs and news sites, many of them the same sites that are reporting this incident.

Face it, her gender is only an issue because you want to make it an issue.

The only reason this is a big thing at all is because she's female, you're in denial if you think differently.
                  Oh, well when you put it like that... I can see that your argument basically amounts to "she's an icky girl and she's invading our sandbox! oh noes cooties!"

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                    There are two sides to this case. The first one: This person is overreacting to an LKML discussion, is lacking sense of humor and called out Linus for "advocating for physical intimidation and violence? (which was ridiculous seeing the context of the discussion). In that case, it would definitely be fair to think that she made only herself look stupid (as opposed women in general).
                    I agree. And you know what? That's all there is to it. We can leave it at that. Some person made an argument we disagree with on LKML, got in an argument with Linus, end of story. Disagree with her because her argument is stupid, not because she's a woman. Because this is all too typical on the internet. A guy says something people disagree with, he gets tons of posts telling him why he's wrong. A woman says something people disagree with - and she gets called a bitch, a whore, and sometimes gets threatened with rape or murder. That's what actually happens, this isn't exaggeration and I'm not making it up.

There's this other side however, where certain women are strongly profiling themselves as women (instead of just regular people, like most people). These few come up with stuff like what was already quoted but I'm quoting again, and are usually difficult to work with.
                    Listen. The things she does outside of her career as a developer, outside intel and outside LKML? They have nothing to do with this discussion. NOTHING. Has she, at any time, on LKML, asked for any kind of special treatment for herself, based on her gender? I haven't seen it, but if you think she has, show it to me. So far, no one has been able to.

As for the links you posted? In none of them is she even asking for any special treatment for women. The first one points out the type of grief women have to suffer from guys like asdx if they're into techy stuff. The second one is just an announcement about an internship that she is arranging. The third one is where she's making a statement against violence against women.

I agree with the content of each of them. I have a penis (quite a large one, too, always leaves my gf sore) and I can honestly say I agree with the idea that people should be treated equally, no matter what their gender, no matter what genitals they are born with. This isn't currently happening - on a global scale, women are still discriminated against in a very real way, there's sexist attitudes and discrimination still even in ostentatiously advanced first world countries, and it gets even worse when you go to the developing world. It's a good cause to try to fix that injustice, and if you think differently I'd really like to know why.

In such cases, they are clearly bringing forth the fact that they are women, and that they're striving to advance the opportunities of women. Every time one brings gender to the discussion when the situation doesn't necessitate it (such as when developing software), it does harm. In this case, to women.
                    So, where has Sarah brought gender to the discussion on the LKML? Again, what she does outside it is irrelevant. Show me a single post on the LKML where she's trying to bring gender into the discussion in any way. Can you? No. All of the links you posted, had NOTHING whatsoever to do with the kernel, LKML, intel or even software development in general.

(Again, I know most women are perfectly sane, regular people. It's just unfortunate that there's this set of women who appear to be doing their best to make females look bad.)
                    I know most men are perfectly sane, regular people. It's just unfortunate that there's this set of men who appear to be doing their best to make males look bad.

Listen, both men and women are allowed to do things (even stupid things) without it reflecting on their entire gender. People are all individuals, even women (gasp!).

Comment

STFU. Go cry to your mom now. Moron.
                      Ouch, how will I ever heal from these sick burns? I'll go cry myself to sleep now...

Looks like I struck a nerve, there. You know, I don't often insult halfwits, because it's kind of like shooting fish in a barrel, but since you happen to make such an excellent target... well, and because you're a perfect example of someone who's an antisocial outcast, someone who quietly resents women because they don't give you the time of day... You probably go around, being all "nice and friendly" to women, then secretly resenting them when they go on to date "jerks" and not you even though you offer them fake friendship with ulterior motives. Then you go home and jerk off to some hentai, using your tears as lube.

Am I hitting close here? Because that's exactly the impression you've been giving of yourself, so far. Please, I await with anticipation of your poignant and well aimed riposte. Perhaps next you can call me a "stupid poopyhead"? Or tell me to "STFU" some more? You can always just scream some swear words and throw a tantrum, if coming up with something halfway resembling of wit is too hard to you, like it seems right now. But hey, maybe you'll surprise me. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X